Just ordered Dish! Couple questions

joshd33

Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
Hey everyone!
I'm just going to throw this out that I am a total NEWB in the world of sat TV. I have been with Time Warner for a really long time now, but lately have been looking around to see how satellite compares. Dish won my vote and I called to order last night. The first question I have is about my promotion package to see if you guys think it's ok. Mydishnow.com gave me: Installation in 4 rooms for free, the HD DVR for free, a reg DVR free, three free months of programming, a home theater set, and a $100 gas card. Does that sound like a decent package? I'm going with the Top 200 package with the $10 HD add on, and i think it comes out to about 65 bucks a month.
Second question is that my installation is scheduled for Monday, and I have no idea what to be on the lookout for. Is there anything I need to make sure my installer does/doesn't do when he is here?
Again, I am totally new to the Dish community and any words of advice/warning would be extremely helpful...Thanks in advance!!

-Josh

:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome

I saw your post and wanted to welcome you. I can't really answer your questions about the deal you got, but others here are sure to chime in. If you are hooking up to an HDTV, be sure that he uses either HDMI (if your TV supports it) or component cables. Good luck. I'm sure you'll be happy with Dish Network.

Congrats, dont forget that who sold you the system is a SALES PARTNER... SOME not all... are notorious for MISSINFORMATION!

BE CAREFULL!!

before you get installed CALL DISH and confirm your order and your montly rate.. ITS VERY IMPORTANT!

Alot of sales partners are just wanting to close a "sale" and give you "everything"

As I said before, there are alot of good sales partners but in my time i came across alot of shady ones.

Some sales partners will call you and try to give you a new account even tho you already have dish.

As far as the dish installer, dont sign anything until everything is fully functional.

READ READ CONRACT!!!! why dont most customers read contracts lol

The safest way is simply calling dish and confirming what you get, and again the home theater sys and the 100 dllr card are not from dish network but the sales partner. Congrats tho!! any questions feel free to ask anyone here.

If I might chime in here and mention that Dishstore.net is also offering up to a $125 rebate above and beyond the promotion offered by DISH Network and my Dish now.

This is a $125 cash rebate, mail in the rebate form and we mail you a check about 10 days after we receive the rebate form in the mail.

The gas card and home theatre system offered by mydishnow is simply a redemption certificate, meaning they are going to charge you shipping and handeling to redeem your so called free gift.

Dishstore is also a sales partner like mydishnow, and the best part of it is when you order through us you help support satelliteguys and this board!

Just make sure he doesn't get mud on your carpet.:rolleyes:

This is actually a very good point. The one nice thing I can say about TWC is they give their install techs little booties to cover their muddy shoes when they come into your home. Both D* and E* installers got mud on my carpet.

Ted

Hey everyone!
I'm just going to throw this out that I am a total NEWB in the world of sat TV. I have been with Time Warner for a really long time now, but lately have been looking around to see how satellite compares. Dish won my vote and I called to order last night. The first question I have is about my promotion package to see if you guys think it's ok. Mydishnow.com gave me: Installation in 4 rooms for free, the HD DVR for free, a reg DVR free, three free months of programming, a home theater set, and a $100 gas card. Does that sound like a decent package? I'm going with the Top 200 package with the $10 HD add on, and i think it comes out to about 65 bucks a month.
Second question is that my installation is scheduled for Monday, and I have no idea what to be on the lookout for. Is there anything I need to make sure my installer does/doesn't do when he is here?
Again, I am totally new to the Dish community and any words of advice/warning would be extremely helpful...Thanks in advance!!

-Josh
those are some pretty out there giveaways. I would have read the fine print before ordering.
As a tech I run into this occasionally. I arrive at the customer's home and they ask me if I am in posession of such goodies as DVD players, gift cards and the like. They also ask me per the promise by the retailer if I am going to connect their home theatre system or come back when it arrives . BTW the expectation is usually the Home Theatre system is to installed for free..
A word of caution...None of this is true. The retailer assumes all responsibilty to provide ANYTHING outside the normal basic installation of a Dish Network Satellite system.. We do not, provide any of the perks promised by the retailer.
Now if you are concerned about this, remember, you are under no obligation to accept the installation if all criteria of the deal are not met. You shall not incur any cancellation fees.
My advice..If this package of goodies now sounds too good to be true, cancal the work order and call a local retailer.

Some Folks Are Unhapply With Them

Hey everyone!

-Josh

Suggest you see MyDishNow.com / Waiting on refund!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts