Just switched to Dish

jmoss78

Original poster
Apr 19, 2006
Just got my 622 on monday. i was with D* for 3 years got tired of waiting on their HD. anyway my question is I had an off air antenna with my
D* receiver that picked up all my locals in HD, now I get most locals ABC, NBC etc. with E*, but my problem is that when I scanned for off-air channels with the 622 it doesn't find any. by the way the technician wasnt even sure how to scan with the 622. i figured it out after he left. anyway the reason I want to use the off air is for WB (smallville) and TBS (Braves Games) which aren't available in HD. just curious what you guys think is the reason the 622 picked up no off air channels and the old D* model picked them all up...thanks for any advice...sorry so long

jmoss78 said:
Just got my 622 on monday. i was with D* for 3 years got tired of waiting on their HD. anyway my question is I had an off air antenna with my
D* receiver that picked up all my locals in HD, now I get most locals ABC, NBC etc. with E*, but my problem is that when I scanned for off-air channels with the 622 it doesn't find any. by the way the technician wasnt even sure how to scan with the 622. i figured it out after he left. ...
Make sure that your antenna cable is hooked up to the 8VSB antenna input. It's on the far left side as you look at the rear panel of the 622.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=7213&d=1139520958

And :welcome

thanks i'll try that tonight....by the way other than that the 622 has worked flawlessly since monday

You might also check outside at the dish Directv multiswitches have inputs for TV antenna DISH dosen't have OTA inputs so the Tech may not have connected your OTA.

there is something plugged in the antenna input on the back of the box...I told the technician to hook the antenna to the new receiver, but then again he didn't know how to check for the off air channels, is connectig the antenna correctly something that should be relatively easy for a technician or could this be easily connected wrong

Boba is probably right. Check the cable from the antenna on the roof, and see if it's connected to anything at all. Since there isn't a port for an OTA antenna on any Dish switch, you might need to run the cable all the way down to your receiver, or get diplexors to combine the signals on the coax going to your receiver. Something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Diplexer-Satell...ryZ11726QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)