Just venting...

One would hope that an installer lying about that would get some kind of reprimand. But I doubt it.
Oh it does trust me.

Problem is, and I believe the FIL's version, it's one word against the other. Then again, this isn't the first time we've heard this "version" of a story from an installer, claiming to have called or even shown up. Too many people have caller-ID to dispute that no calls were made....
Installers are to give their dispatchers a discription of the home such as siding, stories, vehicles in the driveway and a license plate on the vehicle, been this way since 2001 and cuts down on drive by's. The dispatch office is supposed to contact the customer on all humbers listed and the installer is supposed to wait 20 mins at the curb or in the driveway but this tends to fall apart with subs.

Well, as I said earlier, I got rescheduled for Saturday between 8 and 12.
So, OF COURSE, I get a recorded message last night (didn't hear it til this morning) that I have a service call from 12 to 5! Are they trying to screw up?

I called someone at a call center located somewhere and was told, "No, itis for 8-12. Would you like to change it?" No,no, no,no....! Don't touch anything!

I'm giving them til 10:30 this morning. Then I'm going out.

They can show up from 8-12....

You didn't happen to read any of the earlier posts in this thread, did you?

In fact just 2 or three posts back:
"As I said earlier, I got rescheduled for Saturday between 8 and 12.
So, OF COURSE, I get a recorded message last night... that I have a service call from 12 to 5!"

So yeah, they CAN show up between 8-12, but have you read anything in this thread that would give you any confidence of that?

Against my better judgement, I have waited all morning. It is now 11:50. No call from an en-route tech or anyone else for that matter. I am back on hold with Dish, hoping to get someone who can actually DO something about this horribly poor service.

I know the service isn't usually great, but this issue, twice in a row, is beyond all my lowered expectations!

ddgtomahawk: Who is doing the recorded phone message ? The installation company or an automated system from Dish ? If it's Dish, why did the rep on the phone have a *different* time slot ?

The local installer via dispatch if they cannot give live calls not dish also I did read previous post, dispatch can change the date and time due to schedule conflicts sometimes they cannot update it with us and just notify the customer could be the case here;).

Well, no one showed. I called again, and again was told the tech was "running late." I just cancelled the call pending what response I get. I may just end up eating whatever charges I have to and terminating the service; I'm that annoyed.

I emailed the ceo@echostar address and called a number I had as well. We'll see what happens.

I don't want any freebies... I just want my service call without wasting another of my half days! Ridiculous!

This is STILL going on. get this-- on a day I DIDN'T have a tech scheduled, one shows up!!! You can't make this stuff up!

He tells me he can't do anything about it, since the problem isn't happening at that time. Doesn't go on the roof, doesn't do much of anything really. The issues are becoming more frequent now. I am sick of it altogether.

Off the top of your head, anyone know what I would have to fork over to get out of the contract. Got about 10 months left. Seems to me, I shouldn't have to pay anything for sporadic service, but I'm not THAT naive!

Off the top of your head, anyone know what I would have to fork over to get out of the contract. Got about 10 months left.

$13.33 times the number of months left on your contract to buy out.

$13.33 x 10 mos = 133.30 to get out of you contract.

Last edited:
Heard back from an e_Care person and someone from CEO@. Both agreed that this situation is somewhat ridiculous, service-wise.

Basically, if this next scheduled visit doesn't go well, they will just let me out of the contract.

Personally, I hope it goes well. I like the 622 and I'm sure more HD is coming. My locals in HD are even scheduled for Q2.

We shall see.

Well, unfortunately, in general, customer service is terrible everywhere. In order to be "great", a company only has to be marginally better than the worst. But, in my case, at least with respect to my install and upgrade, in both cases, the installer called me after getting the order, and gave me their local office phone number, as well as his cell number. No complaints at all with those folks. As for DISH itself, generally, I've been disappointed. Either they don't know what I'm saying, I don't know what they're saying, I get disconnected, or I get a perfectly understandable moron. So, the question isn't whether or not customer service is bad here, there, or anywhere. It is. The question becomes how often you will need it. Once the install is done, and you've endured dealing with "Johnny" (who always tells you that he is just "needing you to understand that everything will be OK"), cross your fingers and hope you'll never need to call them again. ;)

Mark

In some areas Dishnetwork now explicitly FORBIDS technicians from leaving ANY contact phone numbers other than the 800 333 DISH number. Hows THAT for customer service?

FWIW-I just upgraded to HD yesterday and the installer put a sticker with his company's name and phone # on the DVR.He also showed in the scheduled window.1 and 1/4 hours later HD was up and running. Guess I was lucky:confused:

In some areas Dishnetwork now explicitly FORBIDS technicians from leaving ANY contact phone numbers other than the 800 333 DISH number. Hows THAT for customer service?
I can see different reasons for this policy. One, it could be the way they treat their installers and don't want them "fixing" install issues "off the record". It appears Dish would rather track and penalize their installers.... :( The bigger reason is likely for liability. What happens if something is damaged or someone gets hurt on an unofficial job ? An installer can't file a worker's comp claim (against Dish) if they fell off a ladder when they aren't officially there.

I can see different reasons for this policy. One, it could be the way they treat their installers and don't want them "fixing" install issues "off the record". It appears Dish would rather track and penalize their installers.... :( The bigger reason is likely for liability. What happens if something is damaged or someone gets hurt on an unofficial job ? An installer can't file a worker's comp claim (against Dish) if they fell off a ladder when they aren't officially there.
If he's a contractor why would he??

I Feel your pain ctjr. I have had both services e and d. Now the service i have had with d has been wonderful. The service i had with E was horriable.

Im not saying which sat service is better but i have had wonderful service from all d techs Matter of fact froom the install to the service call to the dvr upgrade i have had the same tech John lol .

My E* contract is up and i have D* being installed on 2-18-08. I hope that my installer shows up on time, It was my wifes idea to switch, and she is a pain in the a$$ to companies if they give poor service. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)