JVC sr1000 vs JVC sr2000

FTLOSM

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2005
I like the look and design of both the jvc sr1000 and sr2000 for sirius service.

Can anyone tell me what makes a radio like the sr1000 become a clearance item and what makes the sr2000 newer or better?

In other words what benefit does a newer model have over an older one in terms of sirius. Do they sound better or get better reception or do older ones not have room for all channels available?

Just trying to sort it all out, would like a nice dock style unit i can plug into a home boombox system and maybe occasionally use on the road too.

Looiking at this sr1000 cuz its on clearance at the sirius site and I realize I have to buy the dock stuff separate etc, just wondering what features I lose on an older model.

Bill

If it were me I'd get one of the timeshifting ones (Sportster or Starmate Replay). The sportster has the crade / home / car / boombox options.

The timeshifting is nice if you listen to talk radio or sports. I've got used to being able to do this with my Tivo and it just feels natural on the Sirius radio.

It's would be REALLY nice if the unit would let you save material but it's still a feature worth getting for me.

I think the only disadvantages of getting an older radio is that the accessories may be harder to find and I think the antennas are smaller / better on the newer units.

I have the Sportster Replay. I like the Starmate because it's physically smaller.

Shawn

I'd also go with the 2000 or later version. The 1000 series does not have a boom box option. Although for a home use option only, it would be better due to its larger display.

Circuit City will have the Sirius Audiovox PNP3 on sale for free (after rebate) and the optional boom box, $49, this Friday as part of their Black Friday Sale. I'd get there early. This is the best deal on a plug and play with a boom box combo that I have found. This Friday only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)