SBS 6
11983V
308/256/8190
Dan Black Studios 2

SBS6
11977V
308/256/8190
Dan Black Studios 1

Once again, for all of those affected we will keep you in our prayers.

Has anyone found the guys from Fox News? Sheppard and Geraldo specifically? I found a few Fox News feeds when the hurricane was coming but thats it.

Can anybody help me find 'em? ;)

Wonder if WDSU and WWL-TV's feeds are FTA? I would assume WWL-TV is sending their remote signal from Baton Rouge to the transmitter via Satellite.

There were some on AMC9 the other day.

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to drop by and say I'm OK... We evacuated during the overnight hours before that monster hit. I've been very tied up over the past week, and will probably not be able to read the enormous backlog of new posts since I left.

It must be feed heaven right now, with all of the press coverage going on. Unfortunately, I have no dishes at my disposal here in Baton Rouge. I had to leave them due to lack of space in the cars. I am highly confident that my house survived, but probably took on 1-3 feet of water. I live about 4 blocks from the infamous 17th Street Canal levee breach, but on the Metairie side of the canal. The breach is on the New Orleans side.

Before I left, I took down the motorized dish and the Channel Master 1 meter reflector. I put both dishes inside of the house. Both roof mounts were left up, however, and I don't anticipate finding them when I return. Metairie reportedly got up to 140 MPH winds.

I will keep in touch, and hopefully will be scanning the skies again soon. A BIG "Thank You" goes out to all who have helped my region during this historic disaster.

I am sorry to hear you are liviing through this ...

Tron said:
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to drop by and say I'm OK... We evacuated during the overnight hours before that monster hit. I've been very tied up over the past week, and will probably not be able to read the enormous backlog of new posts since I left.

It must be feed heaven right now, with all of the press coverage going on. Unfortunately, I have no dishes at my disposal here in Baton Rouge. I had to leave them due to lack of space in the cars. I am highly confident that my house survived, but probably took on 1-3 feet of water. I live about 4 blocks from the infamous 17th Street Canal levee breach, but on the Metairie side of the canal. The breach is on the New Orleans side.

Before I left, I took down the motorized dish and the Channel Master 1 meter reflector. I put both dishes inside of the house. Both roof mounts were left up, however, and I don't anticipate finding them when I return. Metairie reportedly got up to 140 MPH winds.

I will keep in touch, and hopefully will be scanning the skies again soon. A BIG "Thank You" goes out to all who have helped my region during this historic disaster.

I send you all my sympathies for you and you;re loved ones down there who have been living threw this situation... I wish you the best of luck...

kdcampbell77 said:
what is happening with ABC news now video. Still broken video or has something changed?

Keenan

I was looking at it an hour ago and it was still broken. Video drops out every few seconds.

Bob Rock said:
I send you all my sympathies for you and you;re loved ones down there who have been living threw this situation... I wish you the best of luck...
Thank you! :bow

I consider myself and my immediate family among the lucky ones, though. We are living with relatives in Baton Rouge, with electricity, AC, running water, all amenities, open stores, etc. Also, according to satellite imagery of my neighborhood taken a couple of days ago, our house appears to have very little damage. My biggest fear is that it took on some water during the actual rain from the storm (not from the levee breach, which is on the New Orleans side of the 17th Street Canal). If it did, we'll have interior damage from that.

Hopefully we will have an idea of the severity of the situation this coming week when we go in to check on damage.

Again, thanks to everyone for their thoughts, prayers, and aid!

Great to hear from you Tron! Best wishes to your and yours. Hope everything and everybody is safe.

:usa

Tron said:
Hi everyone!

Pepper said:
I was looking at it an hour ago and it was still broken. Video drops out every few seconds.

It has been like this for a while now...:confused:

I saw an interesting scroll on channel 6 from New Orleans (IA8/89W) - seems some thieves made off with a bunch of FEMA forms and badges, and are calling themselves "FEMA Procurement Agents" as they go around "procuring" gasoline and other valuables. It warns that real FEMA people will have photo ID and don't normally carry guns. Be careful out there!

Pepper said:
I saw an interesting scroll on channel 6 from New Orleans (IA8/89W) - seems some thieves made off with a bunch of FEMA forms and badges, and are calling themselves "FEMA Procurement Agents" as they go around "procuring" gasoline and other valuables. It warns that real FEMA people will have photo ID and don't normally carry guns. Be careful out there!

ehh sounds like the bunch of folks procuring cars and sneakers and tv's and other items according to a news report I saw on WDSU earler this evening.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone down there and hope that everone is able to make a speedy recovery.

Tron glad to hear you made it out ok and that you are doing well. Hopefully your home did not receive too much damage.

Glad to hear you made it out TRON

Hi Tron
Glad to hear you made it out, We left slidell and headed to upper alabama.
A friend went by the house today and called us, the water level marks are
on the roof of our house :shocked (two blocks from lake pont) and he said the ku sat dishes are still up. (takes a licking and keeps on ticking :D )
Keep me posted on the flood in your area and how your doing :yes
rdel

Michael-Berlin said:
In the year 2000 I knew a "TRON" (Dennis from Berlin). He was a great hacker. But he died allegedly by suicide :(

We FROWN on HACKING on this forum! In fact Hack Talk is banned!

Glad to hear you are safe Tron!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts