Keeping 211Z activated

Well, even if it works off the host port of the system matters not. There isn't any thing I can think of that would allow for that signal to be split.

The proposed connection is that of a 211 to a duo node host port, rather than a 2nd Hopper. It works according to post 18.

Thanks for the answers guys. I have two coaxes coming down from the dish so I probably have an open connection that I could use but I'm not about to climb on my roof and disassemble the dish to connect another coax. Guess I'll just have to keep getting it reactivated every time I want to use it. Or I could set up my motorhome dish on a tripod and keep that set up. That would look kind of tacky.
Sounds like you have a rooftop Winegard Travler, right?

If so, to keep both Hopper and 211 active, this kludge might work: disconnect both sat coaxes from Hopper. I'm guessing they're both inputs to a Solo Node.

Since these two coaxes come from the sat, connect one directly to the Hopper and the other coax to the 211. Hopper will only be able to use 2 tuners though.

The proposed connection is that of a 211 to a duo node host port, rather than a 2nd Hopper. It works according to post 18.

I'm thinking that the duo-node requires 3 coaxes from the lnbs to the node. If you're going to have 3 coaxes why not just use 2 of them to a single node and the other directly to the 211.....

Can you get three out of a WT, if thats what he has?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Can you get three out of a WT, if thats what he has?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Maybe my brain isn't working well this early, WT? The OP has a Hopper and 3 Joeys. He has what appears to be a single node. He's got 2 coaxes coming from the dish to the node. If he changes the single node to a duo he's going to need a 3rd coax from the dish anyway. So, all he needs to do is add that third coax and attach it to the 211 to keep it authorized.... Am I missing something? Someone already suggested that the third coax could be added for about $50 by Dish and that's a good thought. Our OP doesn't want to ad the coax himself because the dish is up on the roof and he doesn't want to go there....

I agree, I would recommend running a direct line instead of using a duo node. It may work, but I haven't seen anyone post thats been using it for an extended period of time to confirm that over time issues are not seen. As well as the fact that it isn't officially supported.

It does work. Did an upgrade a few weeks ago and the house was so messy I just wanted to wait until necessary to do any inside work. Dropped my third line and installed the duo node. By the time I got inside both 722s were functioning as if nothing changed. Didn't try to run a check switch but I surmise that since the VIP equipment wouldnt even recognize the range where tuner 3 resides it wouldnt make a difference.

Maybe my brain isn't working well this early, WT? The OP has a Hopper and 3 Joeys. He has what appears to be a single node. He's got 2 coaxes coming from the dish to the node. If he changes the single node to a duo he's going to need a 3rd coax from the dish anyway. So, all he needs to do is add that third coax and attach it to the 211 to keep it authorized.... Am I missing something? Someone already suggested that the third coax could be added for about $50 by Dish and that's a good thought. Our OP doesn't want to ad the coax himself because the dish is up on the roof and he doesn't want to go there....

I believe that is all true for the OP and your brain is working as well as mine, because I have no idea what "WT" is either!

Anyhow, we were more recently discussing the question of weather a duo node would work with a 211 connected to a one of it's host ports. I think this was minor (?) asking a theoretical question, so the OP's configuration doesn't apply. The OP is still stuck with running that 3rd line unless a duo node can function with only 2 LNB inputs. This has at least the possibility of working, because one of the 4 DPP channels in a single Hopper configuration is discarded, and might be fed to a 211 using a duo node.

Last edited:
I am so thoroughly confused. I thought that there would be a simple answer but I guess not. But if I get the third coax run from the lnb I should be able to connect that directly to the 211? If so, I may just ignore the pucker factor and climb up and hook one up. If I remember right, the lnb has to be removed to make the connection.

But if I get the third coax run from the lnb I should be able to connect that directly to the 211? If so, I may just ignore the pucker factor and climb up and hook one up. If I remember right, the lnb has to be removed to make the connection.

Yup; it should work with a 3rd cable. Yes, you have to unscrew the LNB assembly to get at the coax jacks.

Maybe my brain isn't working well this early, WT? ....

....your brain is working as well as mine, because I have no idea what "WT" is either!....

WT = Winegard Travler. See post #22. It was brought up that maybe he was using this RV dish (motorhome). I wasn't sure that dish assembly had 3 outputs (it does). But it doesn't seem to matter if that is the dish assembly he's using anyway.

I think maybe I didn't explain my situation very well. I wanted to keep the 211 connected to the Hopper/Joey system at home so I wouldn't have to reactivate it every time I took it out in the MH. I have a 1000.2 with a tripod that I use on the road. It probably would be easier just to take the Hopper and one Joey when we travel. That way we can watch different shows in the bedroom. DW and I don't like the same shows anyways.

In any event you would need a 3rd line from the dish. If that's the case it's probably best to just run it directly to the 211. Or get an extra node so you can take H/J with you during your travels. That's hopper/joey for the abbreviation challenged........

I've taken the H/J out before and it works well. I do have a solo node and a tap. I don't think I needed the tap. When I set it up I got good strength on 61.5 and 72 but never could get 77 to come in. Did a check switch after each change. Got home and set it back up and come to find out, I don't get 77 here either.

You mentioned a 1000.2... If you have the 1000.2EA then there is no LNB present for 77!

Oh. Well, are you in the extreme north of the country? I get all 3 sats just fine from here in VA.

I live in Tennessee but I was in Rangeley, Maine at the time. Had a good view of the sats but just couldn't get 77. Didn't miss it but I hate not being able to bring it in. I didn't realize at the time that there was nothing on 77 that I wanted.

I'll throw this one out and see if it sticks. If anybody has a duo node, a single HOPPER and a vip 211 receiver try plugging the vip into te second host port; it should work based on previous posts. Then disconnect one of the 3 inputs from the lnb to the duo node. It should still work as each coax of the lnb can support 2 sat signals x 2 coax = 4 sats worth of tuner. This would save the op getting to the roop and running a 3rd coax.

I'm just theorizing. Look at the thread started by Scherm (sp) about mirroring a joey and it would seem that what Dish said 18 months ago about installations and cabling are not absolute.

Miner

A Question for EPIX subscriber!

LNB Power?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)