Ken Reid and Ahmed Al-Kadri

Feb 19, 2007

This week Ken welcomes comedian Ahmed Al-Kadri to the show.

Ken and Ahmed discuss TV viewing habits and the TV Guide from February 19th to 25th, 2007, favorite TV shows, watching TV as a family, and the impact of superhero TV shows, the post-9/11 TV landscape and the rise of ethnic diversity in stand-up comedy,shifting trends and cultural influences on television during this time, the structure of comedy, Tom Arnold and Orny Adams, the post-apocalyptic TV show Jericho, the fragility of technology, the impact of nuclear bombs, canceled and revived TV shows like Arrested Development and Futurama, as well as the success of Two and a Half Men, fame and infamy of stand-up comedians, the influence of political correctness on comedy, and the similarities between horror and comedy in terms of structure, fear and context in horror, the birth of stand-up in America, the longevity of Grey’s Anatomy, the decline of sitcoms on Thursday nights, the rise of drama shows, the appeal of Los Angeles over New York, and the impact of reality TV shows on society.

Watch Ahmed’s special here:

I’m Ken Reid, a stand up comedian from Boston, MA and a life long television fan. I’ve been twice nominated as the Best Stand up in Boston and I have been featured on Comedy Central, NPR, Nerdist, and MSN. I own every issue of TV Guide. Each week a guest chooses an issue at random, picks their viewing choices from that week and the show is our discussion of the tough viewing choices of our past. We get into stories about growing up, people’s relationship with television, some cultural/media studies dissection and I spit out a lot of trivia.

Note: The Ken Reid TV Guidance Counselor Podcast is rated PG-13 and may contain mild language.

The post Ken Reid and Ahmed Al-Kadri appeared first on The Solid Signal Blog.

Continue reading...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)