Ken Reid and Joanne Rubino

This week Ken welcomes actor, producer and woman behind Be Brave Media Joanne Rubino.

Ken and Joanne discuss the path from in front of the camera to behind it, moving a lot, being your own friends, getting guest spots on big series, ER, production management, indie films, volunteering to help run a tight ship, how long projects take, Hatfields & McCoys, ITV, never giving up, believing in the project, working with the best people, being nominated for an Emmy, making stuff happen, getting interviews with big Hollywood actors, Marlon Brando, telling real life stories, documentaries, docudrama, scripted TV, the difficulty of getting past gatekeepers, how you have to do everything, how the same people in a small group are A-listers, the difficulty of getting older in Hollywood, how critical acclaim doesn’t always lead to making money, Barbie, things you HAVE to see on a big screen, telling smaller stories, character driven pieces, red carpet premieres, The Slinky, The Pez Outlaw, Milton Hershey, IP, labors of love, trying until you succeed, early days of reality TV, Gene Simmons Family Jewels, telling important stories, curing cancer some day, never stopping working, being able to do everything, matchmaking, The Partridge Family, The Sopranos, loving The Diplomat, Stand up comedy specials, geniuses, and the importance of treating everyone with respect.

I’m Ken Reid, a stand up comedian from Boston, MA and a life long television fan. I’ve been twice nominated as the Best Stand up in Boston and I have been featured on Comedy Central, NPR, Nerdist, and MSN. I own every issue of TV Guide. Each week a guest chooses an issue at random, picks their viewing choices from that week and the show is our discussion of the tough viewing choices of our past. We get into stories about growing up, people’s relationship with television, some cultural/media studies dissection and I spit out a lot of trivia.

Note: The Ken Reid TV Guidance Counselor Podcast is rated PG-13 and may contain mild language.

The post Ken Reid and Joanne Rubino appeared first on The Solid Signal Blog.

Continue reading...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts