Kickass Dish Repair Experience

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ocaddict

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 5, 2004
Atlanta
We rarely get to see examples of good experiences with DISH dispatches so I thought I'd share my latest.

I live at an apartment complex who hired a company to power wash the sides of all the buildings. Needless to say, these EEEDIOTS came down on my antenna with their lift and totally fragged my setup. After opening the door and cursing them till my hearts content, I called DISH to see what could be done. They offered me an insurance deal for 5.99$ a month and a $29 visit which would cover all dispatch and parts expenses. At first I resisted, till I called about a dozen local satellite installers to find they are either WAY too expensive, or can't get to my place of residence in a reasonable amount of time (a week or less). So I call DISH back to say "ok, lets do this". So the guy comes out, immediately sees what the problem is, gathers the parts to rebuild my antenna. Puts up a badass steel pipe to secure the installation and antenna MUCH better and out of the way, and rewires my setup. All in all, the dude kicked ass. Now, I know everyone won't get a great experience like this, but I wanted to share mine. Thanks again DISH!
beerchug.gif

Suggestion: call the office that the technician was dispatched from (number should be on the paperwork he left you) and tell them about your experience. Dish Network has a program in place to recognize good emplyees.

satqas said:
Suggestion: call the office that the technician was dispatched from (number should be on the paperwork he left you) and tell them about your experience. Dish Network has a program in place to recognize good emplyees.

They DO?! I thought all they did was kick us while we're down. :rolleyes:

I had a great experience, too, that followed up a bad experience. I had Dish installed earlier this year and the installer was terrible: He convinced me to go with a setup I was unhappy with, he left wires coiled on the roof and behind a bookshelf... and he didn't ground the system. I called SBC/Dish and they sent a crew out to investigate (4 folks came, reps from Dish and SBC). The next day, a tech from Dish (not a subcontractor) came out and spent three hours redoing everything. Fantastic service and everything is good.

Not all installers are bad. You have your good ones and you have your bad ones. Even if only 1 in 10 installers were bad you would hear more about the bad than the good.

CopyChief said:
I had a great experience, too, that followed up a bad experience. I had Dish installed earlier this year and the installer was terrible: He convinced me to go with a setup I was unhappy with, he left wires coiled on the roof and behind a bookshelf... and he didn't ground the system. I called SBC/Dish and they sent a crew out to investigate (4 folks came, reps from Dish and SBC). The next day, a tech from Dish (not a subcontractor) came out and spent three hours redoing everything. Fantastic service and everything is good.

Funny, but I had an experience almost exactly like that (but we ordered directly through dish) -- this guy came and took something like 5 hours setting up the 322s and the 2 dishes, no big deal but they simply went on top of the garage (right by the house wiring and not very high up), the inside stuff was fine (mostly because I already had the inside wiring set as I wanted it, heh), but the outside stuff was a mess as I learned in the morning.. wires hanging down from the roof, the DP34 was laying in the rain gutter, and a lot of the wiring wasn't tied down properly (I had some christmas lights out that he tied it on top of o_O). So we called the installer's office and the day after that they sent over 2 very nice guys, we gave them a copy of the paperwork, they (along with I), had a little chuckle over the "shoddy work", and they went to work and fixed it all.

Oh, that reminds me, the first guy left some of his crap laying around too.. I found a bag of zipties in the yard (too bad they were already soaked and the bag was full of mud by then or that woulda been fine with me hehe), and a box of coax in the kitchen (he ran off before we knew), which woulda been fine with me if we didn't just have every little coax need addressed by the first guy lol.