KTTV Los Angeles Remapping Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wmw007

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2010
Southern Calif.
On December 9th, KTTV (virtual channel 11) in Los Angeles added an ATSC 3.0 signal and remapped many sub-channels.
By doing a local channel rescan of physical channels 11, 13 and 35 on my ViP211k receiver I got all my channels back.

How long does it normally take Dish to remap the program guide to the new channel line-up?
(e.g. the listings for KTTV 11-1 currently show the programs for KTLA 5-1.)

On December 9th, KTTV (virtual channel 11) in Los Angeles added an ATSC 3.0 signal and remapped many sub-channels.
By doing a local channel rescan of physical channels 11, 13 and 35 on my ViP211k receiver I got all my channels back.

How long does it normally take Dish to remap the program guide to the new channel line-up?
Good luck with this one. It might be awhile....

In Cincinnati, they started doing ATSC 3.0 on a cooperative basis. The host channel 64 is broadcasting all the majors ATSC 3.0 on physical channel 18. Since they are hosting everyone else, their ATSC 1.0 signal and their subcarriers are being broadcast piecemeal by the other majors. (One on NBC, Two on CBS, another on the ABC, and finally the last on FOX.) This has caused guide data issues in this market.

Reactions: charlesrshell
"Soon"

One reason I decided to leave DISH was over guide issues that are never going to get rectified. They told me that they would get to it, when they get to it. Now Sling tv -sister company of DISH- has complete guide data for ota channels and sub channels. One of the reasons I went with them last June.

I've never seen Dish fix the EPG data showing for another channel in YEARS that I've had to live with it for--gosh--going on 5 years. Dish seems not to care in keeping its OTA EPG data in good up to date condition. This is sad because the OTA capability is a great feature that many Dish subscribers on this forum like and use, and it becomes MORE useful and MORE likely to keep subscribers if they know they can also record all the Digi-Nets content on so-called sub-channels. The only DVR box that I know of that a does really good OTA EPG with near 100% correct data for all sub-channel Diginets is TiVo DVR's, and they even have the logos for nearly all those Digi-Nets, as well.

I also have the same problem with the 5.1 guide info. showing on 11.1 on both my 722k's

Good luck. I have Dish & also OTA with the vip211k and many locals are wrong over Dish & OTA. Others have no guide info. I finally broke down and bought a Recast for the Fire TV Cube to get a good 2 week OTA guide including the sub channels. Years ago Dish's locals were accurate, but for several years now they have been messed up.

Consider how much data is in local guide data and when a station arbitrarily changes its virtual channel numbers (Dish probably not bei g notified) it's a mightmare for us and for the guys at Dish trying to keep things straight. Not making excuses, just looking at the practicalities.

Guide hasn't been maintained in years . One of the reasons I left DISH for their sister company Sling Tv. At least there guide information is correct for all ota channels and sub channels because they use the internet to deliver the guide. The way DISH is running their ota guide information in some areas ,they would be better off with Psip data than from the satellite. In my area we have our Fox station guide on channel 4.1 that is now Dabel channel. On the actual channel for FOX 6.3 we have just Fox and no guide. Making name based recording on DISH non existent for FOX now. So if you have just your ota channels and don't sub to satellite locals , you will only get guide for three of the main networks. The funniest part about this is, that once DISH had back in 2009 or 2010 an ota dvr and it came with guide data from the internet. This was around the original change out from analog ota standard to digital ota standard. So this isn't a hard concept for DISH , they just don't care anymore. They are going to ride this satellite business till it is no longer viable and no longer making them profits. Even a "merger" with Directv wouldn't change the out come. Satellite tv is dying .

Guide hasn't been maintained in years . One of the reasons I left DISH for their sister company Sling Tv. At least there guide information is correct for all ota channels and sub channels because they use the internet to deliver the guide. The way DISH is running their ota guide information in some areas ,they would be better off with Psip data than from the satellite. In my area we have our Fox station guide on channel 4.1 that is now Dabel channel. On the actual channel for FOX 6.3 we have just Fox and no guide. Making name based recording on DISH non existent for FOX now. So if you have just your ota channels and don't sub to satellite locals , you will only get guide for three of the main networks. The funniest part about this is, that once DISH had back in 2009 or 2010 an ota dvr and it came with guide data from the internet. This was around the original change out from analog ota standard to digital ota standard. So this isn't a hard concept for DISH , they just don't care anymore. They are going to ride this satellite business till it is no longer viable and no longer making them profits. Even a "merger" with Directv wouldn't change the out come. Satellite tv is dying .
I also think satellite TV as well as Cable is dropping off as the price goes up and there are so many alternatives people have today. I like Dish, myself, as I cannot get everything I want elsewhere. But streaming probably will be the vehicle most get TV on in the future as all of the US will have access to high speed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)