KU satellites

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AlanC

Original poster
May 19, 2020
SC
Is anyone receiving anything (on ku) on AMC15, SES1, G25, G17 or G28? I see a few things on satellite lists but am not receiving anything. Thanks.

Is anyone receiving anything (on ku) on AMC15, SES1, G25, G17 or G28? I see a few things on satellite lists but am not receiving anything. Thanks.
AMC15 at 105W has data signals and occasional feeds. SES1 at 101W has radio channels. Galaxy25 was replaced by Galaxy19 at 97W in 2008. There are about 120+ TV and 42+ radio channels.

There is lots to view on Galaxy17 at 91W and less to view on Galaxy28 at 89W. If you aren't receiving anything from these satellites then you probably need to adjust your dish.

Check lyngsat for details.

What kind of dish (size, motorized?) and LNBF are you using AlanC? Should have transponder signals on all of those satellites 11700 - 12200 MHz linear polarity, but as @johhnnynobody mentions above there may not be a watchable FTA video signal on some all the time.

Best to start with G25 (G19 at 97W), it's easy to find. Try 12053 V 22000 dvb-s qpsk, it should give you several channels. If you peak that transponder do a blind scan to get the others.

This is why satellite positions, not names, are better to use to avoid confusion. G25, after being replaced by G19 at 97W, moved to 93W.

If the question is about G25 at 93W, then the answer is, no, there is nothing there. Lyngsat has G25 now at 32.9E, and no satellites at 93W.

This is why satellite positions, not names, are better to use to avoid confusion. G25, after being replaced by G19 at 97W, moved to 93W.

If the question is about G25 at 93W, then the answer is, no, there is nothing there. Lyngsat has G25 now at 32.9E, and no satellites at 93W.
Thanks to all for their input. The weather finally cleared and I now have found all the satellites mentioned here.

Thanks to all of you. The weather finally cleared and I have foubd,found, the satellites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)