Ku Side of new BSC621-2 LNBF Not Working??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gsatnewb

Original poster
Jul 11, 2011
SW Ontario
Hello Everybody,

I have been reading this forum for several years, but never had a question until now. I have a 10 foot mesh big ugly dish that I have been using with my Viewsat Ultra and V-Box for some time now. I bought a DMS International model BSC621-2 LNBF last fall to get both Ku and C bands from the same lnb. The C band side of this unit seems to work fine, but I haven't been able to get the ku side to work. This model has separate coaxial connectors for c and ku, and requires separate coax lines to my diseqc switch. I've replaced the coax with several different ones, so I know its not that. When I check the signal and quality on the Viewsat, the ku coax will give a similar signal reading to what the C coax gives (when pointed at a satellite that has both C and ku), but gives zero for quality on the ku side while I get 75 quality on the C side. I tried for a couple hours on the weekend fine-tuning my 10 footer on AMC3 (87 degrees) using MeTV on C-band and The Patient Channel on ku-band as my references. I wanted to use The Patient Channel because I know I receive that transponder very strong in SW Ontario. Any ideas on how I can get the KU part of this lnb working?? I've been hoping to retire my motorized 33 inch ku dish and get everything off the 10 footer. Thanks for your replies.:)

Once you have the C-Band satellite side tuned in, unplug the receiver and remove the diseqc switch. Connect the coax directly to the Ku port then try adjusting the dish and LNBF to see if you can get a signal. Ku band needs a much finer tuned dish. Also try adjusting the LNB focal point. (moving the scaler in and out) Just remember, unplug the receiver before removing any coax connections. Also, double check any LNBF settings in the receiver to make sure they are correct.

Your Ku LNBF settings should be
Power ON
Type Universal
LO 9750/10600

Check the install manual at:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/downloads.php?do=file&id=25

Check the picture to make sure you have the proper coax to the proper connections.

You will not need the di-electric plate for AMC 3 (87) remove the di-electric plate.

Last edited:
I have the same lnb with universal ku, I have c-band on port 1 and ku on port 2 diseqc switch ( the built in switch uses the same ports when using the jumper coax) 10600 22khz off. blindscans ku in less time that way for me. first sat I found used 101 c-band sat , switched sats to 101 ku bumped the motor a few east & west till find signal. works for me hope this helps.

The holes in the mesh are tiny. If you took a very sharp pencil, the lead would barely get into the hole, the holes are that small. I had been using the same settings for ku when trying to get a signal with the new BSC62- lnb as I had been using before (successfully) with my old motorized 33 inch dish with Starchoice lnb. Those settings were: AMC3 87.0 W, LNB power On, LNB type standard, lnb freq 10750, 22 khz off. Is it as simple as just switching to Universal and 10600 and then fine tuning the dish? Thanks!

I have the same lnb with universal ku, I have c-band on port 1 and ku on port 2 diseqc switch ( the built in switch uses the same ports when using the jumper coax) 10600 22khz on. blindscans ku in less time that way for me. first sat I found used 101 c-band sat , switched sats to 101 ku bumped the motor a few east & west till find signal. works for me hope this helps.
Edit: ment to say 22khz on.

My BSC621-2 lnb did not come with the jumper coax cable. It has only 2 coaxial connectors on the entire lnb, one for c-band, one for ku-band. There is a similar lnb that comes with a short jumper cable, but this is not the one I have. I believe I need to keep 22 khz OFF, because I am not combining the c and ku signals down one cable, I am running separate coaxial cables from each to my 4x1 diseqc switch. Am I correct here? Thanks.

My BSC621-2 lnb did not come with the jumper coax cable. It has only 2 coaxial connectors on the entire lnb, one for c-band, one for ku-band. There is a similar lnb that comes with a short jumper cable, but this is not the one I have. I believe I need to keep 22 khz OFF, because I am not combining the c and ku signals down one cable, I am running separate coaxial cables from each to my 4x1 diseqc switch. Am I correct here? Thanks.

The 22khz setting might still be relevant if it is a universal LNB,

You also need to make sure you are selecting the proper port on the diseqc switch,

Problem solved. Turns out I had the BUD pointed dead-on for both c and ku. I just needed to switch the lnb type on the receiver to Universal (9750-10600), from the Standard type lnb I was accustomed to using with my 33 inch dish. Whew!!! Thanks for the help people! I have a new question now about my brand new Openbox s10, so I'll leave this one and start a new thread.

i have a CNX-duo receiver i have the video but i dont have any sound. does anyone have any suggestions of what i can do? I am trying to watch the spanish channel on sattelite 93-W.

Thanks.

Is the audio AC-3? If so you will need to connect up the SPDIF (either optical or coaxial) to a Dolby Digital decoder. (i.e. home theatre receiver) You also can record the program on a USB stick and play it back on your computer. Just install the AC3 filter on you computer if you don't already have it installed. Just google AC3 filter to find it if needed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)