Kung Fu HD coming... (In November 2004)

hurry up alreay voom i wanna see see sum kung fu

Attachments

• 1663-KungFu.gif
    1663-KungFu.gif
    282.5 KB · Views: 248
I hope they show not just Bruce, but Chan, and that guy from Kill Bill 2..(ferget his name) he has like 100 movies out though...the potential for Kung Fu HD is big..

I think both of those are Bruce movies (Game of Death is terrible, but oh well). The other I believe Sean has incorrectly stated. I believe it's actually Way of the Dragon (Return of the Dragon) according to Voom's website.

Also find a way to put on anime on either this channel or Animania during prime time?

No I forgot his name, the guy who trains Uma Thurman (please not David Caradine), the white hair and beard, he is in Fists of the WHite Lotus and several other Kung Fu flicks.

sonny chiba was the orginal hanzo sword guy. he was in kill bill as uma thurman's teacher. The guy with long hair and beard was gordon liu, he played that role and also one of the crazy 88s.

Thanks voombot and negreenfield, it is Gordon Liu, he has some great martial art flicks, they could just bring in all his movies and I'd be pretty happy as well.

Sean Mota said:
Here are some two titles for the Kung Fu HD channel:

Bruce Lee's Game of Death (Premiere)
The Way of the Little Dragon

This is straight from the HD Cinema website:

http://www.voom.com/vhdo/hdcx/index.jsp
Sean, here is a classic example of Voom showing a Premier when it's already been shown. I tuned in "Grass" the other night and instead, The Song Remains the Same was on.

DarrellP said:
Sean, here is a classic example of Voom showing a Premier when it's already been shown. I tuned in "Grass" the other night and instead, The Song Remains the Same was on.

I do not go by their list. I have my own list in the New Content thread. Those that I post in that thread are the premieres. Their website is/has been wrong sometimes with some movies like the "The Song Remains the same" which has been showing since last year. Maybe I should get that job. :)

I have called VOOM at least 5 times and each time I have spoken to a different CSR and they have no idea what I am talking about when it comes to FU chanel. They think it is a good idea. Who started this rumor and can we find out were they got it from. Oct 1st has come and gone and now they say 15th or so, or may be never......... Well I guess we can hope.

Sean Mota broke the news here, there are some Kung FU movie premies, by any chance did you ask about "DocsHD" and the family HD channel? Because those are definately running (101 and 104) and I am pretty sure that 105 is the Vice channel, since I only see "crime drama" genre movies playing on that channel. Again, maybe because all the channels are not in place they aren't labeled on the PG yet... hopefully two things will happen:

When the channels are ready, Voom makes a big deal about it.

Second they focus on the more popular channels after reading people's feedback and go after more content for them like they are doing for Equator, Animania, and Rave right now.

Pretty much Guy HD (naked chicks) and Kung FU HD (martial arts goodness) are going to be a hit, so start finding content.

What's up with the Kestrel's? Why did they even bother showing it? It was an obvious SD upconvert, the PQ was beyond awful. Time to buy a 19" Widescreen TV I guess.

THey gotta do better than Game of Death. Bruce Lee is hardly in that flick except the great fight with Kareem. The guy running around with the yellow suit and the helmet still on is not Bruce Lee. Let's see the Shaw Brothers FLicks, and throw on Kung Fu the series. Thats a good start.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)