KungFu HD (104): Way of the Dragon 1/2

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
hcinemawayofthedragon.jpg

The climactic Bruce Lee-Chuck Norris fight is one of the all-time classics. At the Roman Coliseum no less! Truly a must-see.

PQ just-OK; not OAR. But Bruce has never looked better on TV.

who_the said:
The climactic Bruce Lee-Chuck Norris fight is one of the all-time classics. At the Roman Coliseum no less! Truly a must-see.

PQ just-OK; not OAR. But Bruce has never looked better on TV.

I am wondering about the Aspect Ratio of this movie. Usually it is an 2:35:1 or 1:33:1 (anything besides 1:85:1), the openning and closing credits will be shown OAR so that you won't see distortion. However, on this one the openning and closing credits were 1:85:1 which makes me believe that the entire movie OAR is 1:85:1. Anyone knows or has a DVD copy of this one and could you post the OAR on the DVD if it exists? Regarding the movie itself I am glad that I watched it. Bruce Lee is the originator of kungFu Cinematography (sp?). You could see all his KungFu moves imitated in the Matrix and I am sure I can find other movies where the same is true. Bruce/Norris is a must see. Quite good. The movie itself does not have a great PQ and the plot of the movie is not as great but if you are a Bruce Lee fan, there's no better way to spend time watching his movies. Also, worth watching is the documentary.

Guys if you want to post a review about the movie please do so in this thread: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=268250#post268250
so that it can be added to the review of movies thread.

I saw this movie last week on FU and was disappointed with the PQ. The master tape must have been a 4th or 5th generation and the aspect ratio was off as well. You can definitely tell on several of the fight scenes where some people were cut off. I actually have the DVD of this movie and the PQ is easily superior on the DVD. However, Voom played an extended version of the film ( I would say at least 10 minutes longer). Maybe that is why it had an “NR” rating as opposed to the DVD which has an “R” rating. Still, it was nice to see the extra scenes I had not seen before.

joep,

in the DVD what is the apsect ratio. Is it 1:66:1, 2:35:1 or 1:33:1? what does the label states? or can you tell if the video does not fill the screen what aspect ratio it is?

Thanks... that answers the question that the HD transfers should have been letterboxed if the aspect ratio had been maintained. Thanks for the help as I am trying to maintain data regarding what is presented in its OAR and what it is not. Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)