L.343 fixed my HDMI issue.

Kb Cool

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
Mesa, AZ
Turned on Dish211 tonight checked out ESPN,Locals and others and noticed my Hdmi isn't dropping out when switching between 720p and 1080I channels. Cool.....Looks like Dish got it right this time "SO FAR":) Now only if my OTA local guide data comes back. It's showing just "digital service" now.

Turned on Dish211 tonight checked out ESPN,Locals and others and noticed my Hdmi isn't dropping out when switching between 720p and 1080I channels. Cool.....Looks like Dish got it right this time "SO FAR":) Now only if my OTA local guide data comes back. It's showing just "digital service" now.

Were you having any "audio drop" issues before? If so, did that get fixed also? Of course you may not have been using optical cable. That's where the problem lies.

Ken

Were you having any "audio drop" issues before? If so, did that get fixed also? Of course you may not have been using optical cable. That's where the problem lies.

Ken

No, Just video drop-outs following a channel change. I've been dealing with this for months ever since the first update that caused the issue. DISH said they were working on fixing the problem and it looks like they finally did.:)

Dish didn't replace my 211 claiming that the new software rev would make the HDMI port.

I'll have to check it out and see. I doubt it; but I didn't feel like pushing the issue ;)

CHeers,

I called Dish and they told me they are still working on issue. The tech said all should be fixed by early November. I said today is 13 December. She said you're right. She told me to be patient and she was sure it would be fixed ASAP. Right.

I have the same issue on the VIP 211 where the handshake between certain SONY tv and others, would cause the picture to drop out momentarily. This was only when switching between a 720p signal and 1080i signal. I worked directly with a dish tech rep who was working on the issue. Unfortunately, i have not received the L343 update yet, i still have 341....anybody know why this would be?

Just out of curiosity, what kind of HDMI cable do you have? Just Kidding!:D

Glad to hear they finally got your HDMI working again.:D

A Different 211 Issue

I have my 211 connected to the TV via HDMI and the other day I was watching football OTA while my wife was listening to the Muzak channels in another part of the house. Every little while the message 'Acquiring Satellite Signal' would appear even though it was sunny and clear outside and my signal strengths were normal. If I hit the menu button on the remote audio and video would come back. The strangest thing is that if I go to the HDMI input on the TV the audio would return and hitting menu brought back the video. Still have the 3 41 software.

Anyone else ever see this problem?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)