L627

Is anyone else having problems with the Dolby Digital preference changing after reboots with their 622/L627? I keep mine on 'Line', but every morning it has defaulted back to 'RF', with it's higher output levels. However, the menu screen erroneously says it's on 'Line'. I have to set it to 'RF', click Done, then go back. Only then will clicking on 'Line' actually drop the volume to where it should be. It's annoying because the 211 it shares rack space with will remain at the proper setting. When I switch from the 211 to the 622, I get the jump in volume. This showed up with the update to L627.

Mine has never changed from 'Line' on its own like that...odd...

It is strange. After the overnight reboot, I confirmed it again this morning. The preference says it's still on 'Line, but the analog out is at the higher 'RF' level. Switching the preference from 'Line' to 'RF' and back to 'Line' cures it. The Dolby Digital/Toslink output isn't affected, just the analog.

A New First

Watching local news last night. Went to pause...did not pause and a rounded corner red box...red dot in middle...slash appeared in upper RH corner. Looked like a symbol for "operation unavailable". Did the same for rewind, skip back, etc. Switched to another channel then back and all was fine.:confused::confused:

Watching local news last night. Went to pause...did not pause and a rounded corner red box...red dot in middle...slash appeared in upper RH corner. Looked like a symbol for "operation unavailable". Did the same for rewind, skip back, etc. Switched to another channel then back and all was fine.:confused::confused:

Me too. I got the International "No" symbol for the first time and lots of times last night while I was losing 129 right and left to a snow storm. Before the 1000.2 I never lost 129.

It is strange. After the overnight reboot, I confirmed it again this morning. The preference says it's still on 'Line, but the analog out is at the higher 'RF' level. Switching the preference from 'Line' to 'RF' and back to 'Line' cures it. The Dolby Digital/Toslink output isn't affected, just the analog.

You might have larger problems. I thought that setting was for the Dolby Digital output on the back only. As per the Help on that page. Plus I don't and have never had this setting affect my analog outs, TosLink only. Of which it shouldn't touch the analogs? Should it?

Octavian,

Where in the Logitech setup screens is the 'repeat' setting for the 622?

I also had this problem. My 622 would not respond to the Harmony One remote unless I held down the keys. I had to change the 'repeat' setting in the 622 device setup from 2 to 3. Not it works fine again. They must have played with the remote timings in the last software update.

Me too. I got the International "No" symbol for the first time and lots of times last night while I was losing 129 right and left to a snow storm. Before the 1000.2 I never lost 129.
I was not having a problem with signal at all...was a clear night here. But still got the symbol.

I was not having a problem with signal at all...was a clear night here. But still got the symbol.
I was just saying I got "the symbol" when I had signal issues. Last night was the first time I got "the symbol". Only briefly and it was a part of when I was having signal issues. But normally, have most of my issues on clear cool nights when there should be no issues whatsoever.

I'm noticing hiccups a lot more now. The GUI is smoother/softer more detail less jaggies, "cable" channels has a bit better PQ, but locals are worse. Tonight I will do the OTA/DISH comparison that the Field Super was all excited to see.

The Dolby Digital Setting

You might have larger problems. I thought that setting was for the Dolby Digital output on the back only. As per the Help on that page. Plus I don't and have never had this setting affect my analog outs, TosLink only. Of which it shouldn't touch the analogs? Should it?

What do you think that setting does (to the SPDIF out)?

That setting is specific to the line out. It's controls the DD downmix to 2-ch analog. Do you want Stereo (for a TV), or Dolby Prologic (for a Receiver) ? I'm generally using this path to record to a DVD recorder. I want the Dolby Prologic for later playback.

What do you think that setting does (to the SPDIF out)?

That setting is specific to the line out. It's controls the DD downmix to 2-ch analog. Do you want Stereo (for a TV), or Dolby Prologic (for a Receiver) ? I'm generally using this path to record to a DVD recorder. I want the Dolby Prologic for later playback.
Line Out, Fiber or Analog RCA jacks? As per what I confirmed with DISH, I thought it controlled the Fiber Optic (SPDIF) out and has nothing to do with the analog jacks. When I change it I notice a difference with my 7.1 receiver fed by Fiber. Why would one need or do Stereo to a TV via Fiber? Just tried it and no change on the analog jacks, but the SPDIF/Fiber did.

Line Out, Fiber or Analog RCA jacks? As per what I confirmed with DISH, I thought it controlled the Fiber Optic (SPDIF) out and has nothing to do with the analog jacks. When I change it I notice a difference with my 7.1 receiver fed by Fiber. Why would one need or do Stereo to a TV via Fiber? Just tried it and no change on the analog jacks, but the SPDIF/Fiber did.

What difference did you notice?

Are you talking about the Dolby Digital/PCM settings on the left side of the screen, or the Line/RF settings on the right?

The Dolby Digital/PCM does control the optical SPDIF (I wouldn't expect any effect on the Analog). The PCM (2 channel stereo) setting is for older devices that don't support Dolby Digital Compression (5.1). PCM originated on CD Players, Dolby Digital didn't show up till Laser Disk (and didn't get popular till DVD). I noticed that the setting seems to only take effect when changing channels (make sure you're on a 5.1 channel when testing).

I still believe the Line/RF setting is to control the Dolby Digital 5.1 downmix (that's what help says). I suppose it could be a selection for when the SPIDIF is in PCM Stereo (2 channel) mode. Do you want Dolby Pro Logic (3 channels in front & 1 channel shared by the rears, matrixed over two channel stereo), or just regular Stereo. I would expect the downmix to effect the analog outputs too, but I didn't retest.

By the way, there's no true 7.1 over spidif out. The most it can do is Dolby Digital 5.1. It's a setting on a 7.1 receiver to take the two 5.1 rear channels and feed them to the 7.1 sides and rears. Comes to think of it, there is Dolby Digital EX, but you'd be hard pressed to find a source.
http://www.dolby.com/consumer/understand/playback/dolby-digital-ex.html

Last edited:
Additional info on L627 "black screen" bug

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-technical-discussions/211552-odd-622-behavior.html

The above post references my first experience with a "black screen" issue probably related to L627. In it, I described having to do a reboot to get out of the problem.

I found out today that a reboot is not necessary provided one waits until the current recording is finished. Then all that is necessary is to use the remote to power off the receiver. Upon powering it on with the remote, normal functionality is restored.

Is Dish working on this problem? It could be worse I suppose, but it is very annoying to have to wait until a scheduled recording is done to use the system. I am not positive about this, but I believe the problem occurs only when powering up the receiver while a scheduled recording is in progress - don't know if it happens every time.

jrchip01 said:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-technical-discussions/211552-odd-622-behavior.html

The above post references my first experience with a "black screen" issue probably related to L627. In it, I described having to do a reboot to get out of the problem.

I found out today that a reboot is not necessary provided one waits until the current recording is finished. Then all that is necessary is to use the remote to power off the receiver. Upon powering it on with the remote, normal functionality is restored.

Is Dish working on this problem? It could be worse I suppose, but it is very annoying to have to wait until a scheduled recording is done to use the system. I am not positive about this, but I believe the problem occurs only when powering up the receiver while a scheduled recording is in progress - don't know if it happens every time.

I experienced the same thing last night. Through some amount of random fiddling around I was able to get a picture. Not really sure which button(s) did it but I was careful to not touch anything that would interrupt the two in progress recordings. No reboot required.

I suspect launching a previously recorded event and then canceling the playback might have the desired result.

Blank Screen

Launching a previously recorded event didn't work for me. I couldn't get out of it.

I did also notice that the problem hits when bringing the 722 out of stand-by with a recording in progress (actually, last time I saw it I had 1 sat and 1 ota recording going).

I also noticed that it cleared up when both recordings completed. Worse though, while trying different things to get the pic back I ended up on the "Acquiring Sat" screen. My recordings in progress ended up cut-off.

I wonder if we're looking at 5 months to fix this one too. Sometimes I wish they would stop trying to add features to the box (or they should spend a lot more time in Beta).

Pepper said:
I experienced the same thing last night. Through some amount of random fiddling around I was able to get a picture. Not really sure which button(s) did it but I was careful to not touch anything that would interrupt the two in progress recordings. No reboot required.

I suspect launching a previously recorded event and then canceling the playback might have the desired result.

Ok, this worked for me today. PIP-SWAP

David_Levin said:
I wonder if we're looking at 5 months to fix this one too. Sometimes I wish they would stop trying to add features to the box (or they should spend a lot more time in Beta).
Been in a beta test before, agree 120%. They only want you testing the new features not looking elsewhere for bugs. Very bad testing methodology.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)