La Liga Returns to VOOM - Memorial Day Weekend!!!

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
Great News! La Liga Returns to VOOM!

This has just been confirmed! We are going to see La Liga games on Rush-HD starting on the Memorial Day Weekend!
Initially it will be taped games, starting with those that we've missed.
UPDATE: We may actually see a live game on May 28/29!!!
And there are all intentions to start live broadcasts when the next La Liga season starts in August-September.

The first game on Rush-HD will be on Saturday May 28 at 9 AM EDT: Barcelona vs. Albacete (from 5/1/05).

As always, stay tuned for schedule updates in the following thread:

Schedule of Live Soccer Matches on WorldSport-HD and Rush-HD

Ilya:

Thanks for the info. Tough decision now, to switch to Dish to get the taped games or hold out with cable for a little longer to see if the Voom21 get picked up over the summer in time for the next season.

Warning: Don't click the following link if you would rather not know the scores of the La Liga matches remaining in the 2005 season!

Here's a handy link for La Liga fans.

subdude212 said:
Tough decision now, to switch to Dish to get the taped games or hold out with cable for a little longer to see if the Voom21 get picked up over the summer in time for the next season.
I am in the same boat. I was going to wait it out with Adelphia cable through the end of summer (enjoying InHD, etc.), but now with La Liga coming to Rush and WorldCinema movies finding their way to VOOM-10 it's getting harder and harder to resist switching to E*!

Ilya said:
it's getting harder and harder to resist switching to E*!

I should do what Sean did with voom a while ago.

Resistance is Futile... Dish!

:D

Ilya said:
it's getting harder and harder to resist switching to E*!
It doesn't matter who the provider is (Verizon, D*, Adelphia, E*, etc.) just as long as we still have VOOM21 service. Hopefully, you and Sean can moderate the E* Forum and bring with you a level of maturity, class and creativity that it is clearly lacking. :)

BFG said:
I should do what Sean did with voom a while ago.

Resistance is Futile... Dish!

:D

Never thought that you would bring that up. :D Great Great News as I will resist from looking at the scores just to watch the games

Will there be 2 live games per week next season since I think Ilya mention they were getting a 2nd truck.

I wish they did 2 Saturday and 2 Sunday games that would kick azz.

roachxp said:
Will there be 2 live games per week next season since I think Ilya mention they were getting a 2nd truck.

I wish they did 2 Saturday and 2 Sunday games that would kick azz.
Too early to make any predictions on that. I think it will all depend on which other cable/DBS operators sign agreements to carry VOOM channels.
At this point I am happy to hear that they are planning to continue live broadcasts from Spain. Two games would be great, but even one live HD game per week will make a lot of people happy!

Just in!

WorldSport on Rush:

MAY 28:
9AM: LA LIGA REPORT
9:30AM: BARCELONA VS. ALBACETE
12:00PM: LA LIGA REPORT
12:30PM: REAL MADRID VS. RACING
3:00PM: EUROLEAGUE GAME 1 ROUND OF 8 (NEVER AIRED DUE TO TECH DIFFICULTIES): BENETTON VS. TAU

MAY 29:
9AM: LA LIGA REPORT
9:30AM: SEVILLA VS. REAL MADRID (proposed)
12:00PM: LA LIGA REPORT
12:30PM: BARCELONA VS. VILLAREAL (proposed)
3:00PM: EUROLEAGUE GAME 2 ROUND OF 8 TAU VS. BENETTON

I would probably watch just for the GOALLLLLLLLLLLLL parts :D

But other than that soccer is pretty boring

Some consider Baseball pretty boring as well but there is excitment on Baseball as well as in Soccer. I guess you just have to appreciate each sport for what it is... :) There's a lot of excitment on each one and since I am not a big NFL Futbol fan, I would say Futbol is pretty boring (but that's just me. Although I find a very good match of chess very exciting). So it's all relative...

I never compared futbol to being worse than another sport I just said it was boring :)

Most sports are pretty boring for the most part and there are only moments of excitment in an entire game

BFG said:
I never compared futbol to being worse than another sport I just said it was boring :)

Most sports are pretty boring for the most part and there are only moments of excitment in an entire game

I enjoyed all the Spanish Premier League games I saw on WorldSport. I remember one game ending five minutes early due to a bomb scare and Paul and Sid saying that they were not sticking around to do a post-game wrap.

On ESPN Deportes a couple of weeks ago, I was watching an UEFA match where the fans started throwing smoke bombs and other incendiary devices onto the field after a really, really bad or missed call by the referee in the penalty area.

Soccer games can be very exciting. The caliber of play on WorldSport is very good.

Thx, Ilya

Ilya said:
Too early to make any predictions on that. I think it will all depend on which other cable/DBS operators sign agreements to carry VOOM channels.
At this point I am happy to hear that they are planning to continue live broadcasts from Spain. Two games would be great, but even one live HD game per week will make a lot of people happy!

Thanks for update, Ilya!! Do you have any info on the 2 truck expansion? Also, do you think other cable/DBS operators will carry Voom?

BFG, almost any sport looks boring until you learn to appreciate it, until you understand all the rules, the strategy, until you get familiar with the players, their style, etc., etc.

And it's hard to start appreciating a sport if you watch mediocre teams play in empty stadiums. Fortunately, VOOM gives us a unique opportunity to watch the very best soccer players in the world play in front of sold-out crowds of real fans, in glorious 1080i with DD5.1 sound!

This is your chance to discover this great sport, which, by the way, is the most popular sport in the World with a billion of fans! Don't miss this chance! You will be glad you didn't! Once you get into it, it won't look boring to you. There is a lot of action there. No time for commercial breaks! ;)

kanderson said:
Thanks for update, Ilya!! Do you have any info on the 2 truck expansion?
I'll see if I can get more info on this.

Also, do you think other cable/DBS operators will carry Voom?
I hope they will. And if it happens you will likely find out about it from this forum! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)