La Liga Season 2007-2008 on WorldSportHD

The first LIVE match of the season!
Sunday, September 16 at 1pm EDT on WorldSportHD

_sevilla_fc_.gif
Sevilla vs.
_recreativo_.gif
Recreativo
The live broadcast begins around 12:58pm ET.

Well I'd just logged in to bring you the same news as Ilya: We are back live for this week at least with Sevilla - Recreativo.

To let you in on a secret, when we were looking at the games to suggest, this was our second choice, but only because we thought that Real Madrid - Almeria would give us a chance to see a new team (Almeria) and I can walk to the Bernabeu in 30 minutes...... in terms of football, this is probably the best game on offer this weekend.

It's a derby. Sevilla are warming up for their Champions League debut, while Recre are finding their feet with a new coach. Shame their top scorer Simana Pongole is injured.

Of course we have the extra emotion of a homage to Antonio Puerta (who i am sure we would all rather see playing).

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to getting back into the saddle in terms of commentary at least. It's only 2 hrs 30 mins by express train from Madrid - the Ave train is the BEST invention in Spain - especially to someone who turns into a total coward whenever he gets near a plane (i.e me) - one day I will tell your what happened en Route to El Classico last season.

That will be another day, at the moment just the memory has me reaching for a beer.

Anyhow, tomorrow Seville - 7pm cet.We are back

PS Ilya .....3-0!!!!!!!

Thanks

Thanks for the update, Paul! I'm really looking forward to listening to you and Sid again this season. Your commentary is enjoyable, insightful, and really adds to the game, unlike the painful Americanized commentary heard on some other networks.

I would echo an earlier poster's comment...if you could do one thing to improve the broadcast (besides airing two games a week!) it would be to slightly increase the volume of the commentary track. It does tend to get buried in the ambient sound from time to time.

Thanks again...I have yet another reason to look forward to the weekend!

I see several new members have joined our forum just to post in this thread!

Welcome to the forum adk0212, toiday, avarii73 and others! :wave

Please stop by to shout "Gooooaaaaal!!!" with us during the live game tomorrow ! :D

P.S. Thanks for the update, Paul! Enjoy the game!

The live game is on! The first live broadcast of the season! The wait is over! :D

Paul, so nice of you to mention SatelliteGuys on the air! :up

Goooooooooaaaaaaaal!!!!
Sevilla scored first!

Wow!!! What a beautiful goal!!!
It's already 4:1 Sevilla!

when did Paul mention SatGuys? I'm trying to rewind and find it. was it before the game?

when did Paul mention SatGuys? I'm trying to rewind and find it. was it before the game?
He mentioned it twice during the game! Once in each half. In the first half it was before the first goal. :D

Great game guys! BTW, sorry you both missed the jackpot...I enjoy hearing about your bets on the game score during your broadcast and when you win it or lose it...it adds an extra 'side-story' to the game's drama.

BTW, Ilya, thanks for the welcome. I used to be on this forum back before my old computer died. I forgot my old username. Am an old VOOMer...from the end of 2003.

Who do people think will win the coaches' "sack race" this year in La Liga?? Am curious what people think. Hector Cuper for Betis, Michael Laudrup at Getafe, Quique Sanchez Flores at Valencia, Abel Resino at Levante or another coach...?

BTW, if any of you have never stumbled on it, there's a good English language website for Spanish Football/Soccer at: SOCCER-SPAIN/

It's exclusively dedicated to the beautiful game in Spain and helps while you're watching the games.

Hmmmm glad to hear that the truck sweepstake is another ponit of interest...Thought i was in with a chance this week...

If I was a betting man (which I clearly am, but only to the tune of 5 or 10 Euros now and then), I'd have my money on Abel to be the first coach to go. Laudrup will probably be given more time. Quique is clearly unpopular, but somehow Valencia are 3rd at the moment....

There is also a feeling that Rijkaard could be running out of time unless things improve and quickly.

Speaking of which, I will try and bring you all more up to date on the coming weekend in the next 24-48 hours.

Also din't forget there is a round of midweek games next week, so it's 3 games in 8 days for us here.

cheers

BTW, Ilya, thanks for the welcome. I used to be on this forum back before my old computer died. I forgot my old username. Am an old VOOMer...from the end of 2003.
In that case, welcome back! Let me know if you need help in finding/restoring your old username. ;)

Good news....not sure if the whole TV dispute is over or not, but it is looking very very likely that this Saturday we will indeed be in the Camp Nou for Barcelona - Sevilla.

10 pm kick off CET, the game of the week by a long way. Barca looked good in Champions League on Wednesday, while Sevilla lost 3-0 to Arsenal (who were great!).

An early battle of the titans.
CU there PAUL

That would be great! Looking forward to it!
(Updated the first post. Game time: 4pm ET)

Don't bother, Ilya. I've gotten back on and that's at that really matters to me.

Also, the shocking news that Jose Mourinho won the sack race in the Premiership... He's denied interest in further English coaching as his next move, and he's also expressed that he doesn't want to be the new Portuguese national coach. He said..."it must be another country, another experience, another football." Jose specifically mentioned Italian or German football as where he's looking next, but he didn't specifically discount Spanish football. Where could he go, if he were to end up in La Liga? He's most often connected with the Real Madrid job, but Valencia or Barcelona positions might be more likely to see change in the managerial roles than either Real Madrid or Sevilla. I don't think Jose would consider a club that's less prominent as he tends towards the ego-maniacal. Still, at Chelsea, he backed it up. What are your thoughts guys? Jose in Valencia where Rafa Benitez used to coach would be kinda funny, don't you think? He'll most likely end up coaching in Juventus, I believe, though.

I will be watching about an hour delayed. Looking forward to the Barca "fantastic four" as Paul called them. If Seville show up like they did at Arsenal, could be long night for them, but Barca looks like 2nd division at the moment. This game should be good.

The second LIVE match of the season!
Today, September 22 at 4pm ET on WorldSportHD

_barcelona_.gif
Barcelona vs.
_sevilla_fc_.gif
Sevilla
The live broadcast begins around 3:58pm ET.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts