Lame Email Response from Dish Tech Support

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
This was in regard to the improper listings on the EPG for the Voom10, can you believe this response?

Dish Tech Support said:
To: Tech
Subject: Voom10 Guide

Dear Mr. Patterson,

Thank you for your email correspondence. We are always looking for ways to improve our service, and we appreciate your input. We will forward your comments and concerns to the proper department, but, we can not promise this will ever be implemented. Thank you again for choosing Dish Network and please feel free to contact us again with any future concerns.

Sincerely,

XXXXX.

Technical Support

Dish Network

geez calm down, they have only been running for a little bit! Yes it is a canned answer, but give it a little time

They do not program the guide info, it comes from a source, like Zap2it, they are the ones mixing up the guide. both voom and Echostar are looking at them to fix it. They probably turn on the canned replies because they are tired about being bugged about something that they are well aware of.

Generally speaking I've received a canned reply first, then at some point later I received a proper human written email.

This is the part that really irked me: "we can not promise this will ever be implemented".

Good news, the EPG has actually changed info from this morning, has the correct movie playing and on top of that, I saved 10% on my car insurance by switching to Geico.

Around the first of the year the EPG for OPRAH on our local station was off for a few weeks. My wife emailed E* and got the canned response, but a few days later it was back in sync.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)