Latency is driving my wife nuts.

Floydian

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
We recently upgraded our dvr to a 625 and we are having some troubles that I hope one of you can help me out with.

1. When we watch a program that has been recorded about every 5 to 10 minutes in there is a pause in the video and a beep and then the video resumes its playback.

2. When I fast forward, rewind or skip 15 sec. it takes the audio a second to re-synch with the video.

We never had these problems with the 510 and my wife is getting upset with me about. Please tell me I have something set wrong or I have a faulty player and this is NOT the norm for this hardware.

Having not experienced any of your symptoms, I'd say you've got a defecto. See if you can get it replaced (if you are leasing).

Is that easy to do?

Just call DISH I assume... or should I go through the company that delivered my equipment?

Call the folks who put it in and give them a chance to fix the problem, as if you call Dish Network Dish could penelize them by taking $$$ from them for not serviceing them first.

Revised:

My 625 occasionally does that. One day it can be fine, then the next day it will skip/pause. It has done this since day one.

Last edited:
Mine is only a month old and I've noticed similar skips/pauses. I just thought it was because some one was changing channels or pulling up the Guide on the other tuner and causing a lag issue during the recording because all three of mine are prime time and I know the wife is watching her shows while mine are recording on the other tuner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)