Latest Bill - Why would they include this?

I'm always shipping boxes with my Ebay business and I guess it all depends on which service you use; I run my dimensions and weight through USPS and FeEx and choose the cheapest rate.

That one I shipped UPS quick and dirty at the local hardware store. :)

How do send back for free? Does dish send a prepaid label without charging $15 fee. I would assume you pay someone(ups/usps/FedEx) instead of Dish to return equipment.
If you are not totally cancelling your service, there is no fee to use the pre-paid label that Dish sends you. The $15 fee only applies for returning leased equipment to Dish after closing your account.

So, you buy a "cheap" receiver for $50, to save a shipping fee of $15. Yep, that makes sense to me... :coco
You are not looking at the big picture. Receivers can be found a lot cheaper than that at places like Goodwill, yard sales, etc.

If someone has a large enough Dish system, it may take more than one box to ship everything back, so the savings would be more than just $15.

For people who switch providers every two years to get the latest equipment and new customer promo pricing, they could re-use the purchased receiver the next time, so the savings would be more than just $15.

If you have no intention of ever returning to Dish, you could re-sell the purchased receiver after you cancel your service, to get most of your money back.

Finally, there is just the principle that you would only be paying for service that you are actually receiving, instead of paying a fee when you are no longer receiving any service, just to ship back equipment that would not cost people who stayed with Dish any money to ship back.

This is why I recommend purchasing a cheap stand-alone receiver, even if you are not going to use it right away. Then, before disconnecting service, you can activate the purchased receiver (if it isn't activated already) then drop down to just the purchased receiver (and downgrade to bare minimum programming, like Welcome Pack) and send all of the leased equipment back to Dish for free. Once that equipment is safely back in Dish's possession, you can then disconnect your service without any penalty.

Yea you could do it. But do you realize how much a pain that would be to do, especially with their Dumb Csr’s

You’ll be on the phone an hour to do what you want to do.

Just use 1 shipping label and put everything in 1 big box.

On another note, I used to have stacks of shipping labels to send stuff back to Dish.

I shipped them a few dozen bricks about 6 years ago :)

Yea you could do it. But do you realize how much a pain that would be to do, especially with their Dumb Csr’s

You’ll be on the phone an hour to do what you want to do.

Just use 1 shipping label and put everything in 1 big box.

On another note, I used to have stacks of shipping labels to send stuff back to Dish.

I shipped them a few dozen bricks about 6 years ago :)
DIRT

Reactions: pattykay
My bill, which was generated yesterday, is quite a bit cleaner in how it is worded:

"On 1/16/2018, DISH is changing pricing on select programming and services. Most customers will see up to a $5 increase on their bill. If you disconnect your account, you will be charged $15 per shipping label used for the return of your equipment. The late payment fee and the Promise to Pay fee will each be $10. Visit www.mydish.com/currentrates"

My bill, which was generated yesterday, is quite a bit cleaner in how it is worded:

"On 1/16/2018, DISH is changing pricing on select programming and services. Most customers will see up to a $5 increase on their bill. If you disconnect your account, you will be charged $15 per shipping label used for the return of your equipment. The late payment fee and the Promise to Pay fee will each be $10. Visit www.mydish.com/currentrates"
So, either someone at Dish has been reading this thread, or Dish had been getting a lot of confused customers calling them with complaints after seeing the message the way it was worded before. :)

So, either someone at Dish has been reading this thread, or Dish had been getting a lot of confused customers calling them with complaints after seeing the message the way it was worded before. :)

Maybe both? Either way, it’s good to know they’re paying attention to the customers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts