This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Latest D tv ad: 150 HD channels??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

69Mustang

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 21, 2005
I saw a DIRECTV ad during Oregon vs. Arizona last night on ESPN that they are going to offer over 150 HD channels soon??

Anyone have any insight into that? The last I saw and read was 100 by yrs end. OK. I think we're either there or close to it by now.

What & when are we going to get the next 50 channels?

The ad said "up to 150 channels". Which, to me, means they would have the capacity for that many. How close to 150 they get would be determined by how many channels of HD there is.

That's just my take on it.

Voom

Just curious, does D* have access to those voom channels that are now on Dish and some cable companies? If they have the room, why not buy them as well?
Joe

once directv 11 is launched and in orbit, directv will have the capacity for up to 150 national hd channels as previously stated.

not sure, we will get too much more before the end of the year. but definitely some early in 2008.

The extra 50 HD channels depend on a successful launch of D11 Sat.

Also many HD local markets are waiting on this same bird.

Matt

Iceturkee beat me to the punch on the reply.

The extra 50 HD channels depend on a successful launch of D11 Sat.
D11 represents half (75 channels) of the Ka national HD content, not one third.

Why they offer as few HD LIL as they do is a mystery as they supposedly have two-thirds (1000 channels) of HD LIL downlink capacity already in orbit.

Status
Please reply by conversation.