Leaving the Hopper Plus after 15 months. Someone please turn the lights out when the last one leaves.

J_Smooth

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 9, 2022
Cedar Springs, MI
So after a year of dealing with relatively minor Hopper Plus issues, the app issues have pushed it to the trash pile. Going back to using the Fire Cube and ordered a 3rd Gen with the HDMI input for DISH. Hopefully one TV source like the Hopper +, but a much better experience. I think all I will really lose is the "recent recordings" section on the Hopper + home page, which was a nice one-stop shop.

Was willing to be patient on the Hopper + as it had great potential, but it wasn't ready for prime time at launch, and now not ready for prime time almost 15 months later.

Can the last person leaving Hopper + please turn the lights off on the way out?

Perhaps I am mistaken in my belief Dish was pinning a lot of hope on that box.

Maybe there will be an improved replacement. Something to stave off dark days.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Due to a bad storm I had to have my roof replaced a few weeks ago. When it was replaced I had a new Televes Over the Air antenna installed.

I had to unhook my Hopper Plus in order to setup the new antenna as the Hopper Plus OTA setup screens do not show signal strength levels from the Antenna like the Hopper 3 does. So I had the Hopper Plus unhooked for a few days.

Last time I had the Hopper Plus unhooked it was a night and day difference to how much better the Hopper 3 was. But the software on the plus has come such a long way now, that after my antenna was properly tuned, I couldn't wait to hook the Hopper Plus back up. I now use the android side of things a LOT. I built me Plex Server with all my favorite shows and using some software called DizqueTV I have built my own cable channels, such as MTV which have all my favorite Music Videos, complete with classic ads from the 80's and old MTV commercials... just like MTV was. I use that a LOT. :D

With the TV strike, my wife also has been using the android side a lot watching stuff on Netflix, Amazon Prime and others.

Silly part of all of this is our main TV is a Sony X90J and has built in Android TV, which runs a lot better then the Hopper Plus and offeres Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos... but for some reason since its all in one we do a majority of our watching through the Hopper Plus, and I only use the built in Android TV in the TV itself when watching things with Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision.

I HATED the Hopper Plus when I first got mine back in 2020, but it has come a long long way and now we can't watch TV without it. Is it perfect? No. But it is a lot lot better, and a part of our regular viewing.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Due to a bad storm I had to have my roof replaced a few weeks ago. When it was replaced I had a new Televes Over the Air antenna installed.

I had to unhook my Hopper Plus in order to setup the new antenna as the Hopper Plus OTA setup screens do not show signal strength levels from the Antenna like the Hopper 3 does. So I had the Hopper Plus unhooked for a few days.

Last time I had the Hopper Plus unhooked it was a night and day difference to how much better the Hopper 3 was. But the software on the plus has come such a long way now, that after my antenna was properly tuned, I couldn't wait to hook the Hopper Plus back up. I now use the android side of things a LOT. I built me Plex Server with all my favorite shows and using some software called DizqueTV I have built my own cable channels, such as MTV which have all my favorite Music Videos, complete with classic ads from the 80's and old MTV commercials... just like MTV was. I use that a LOT. :D

With the TV strike, my wife also has been using the android side a lot watching stuff on Netflix, Amazon Prime and others.

Silly part of all of this is our main TV is a Sony X90J and has built in Android TV, which runs a lot better then the Hopper Plus and offeres Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos... but for some reason since its all in one we do a majority of our watching through the Hopper Plus, and I only use the built in Android TV in the TV itself when watching things with Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision.

I HATED the Hopper Plus when I first got mine back in 2020, but it has come a long long way and now we can't watch TV without it. Is it perfect? No. But it is a lot lot better, and a part of our regular viewing.
Do you know if the employees cut back is affecting repairing software issues & updates?