Let The Angels Sing!!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Unckle_Fun_Knuckles

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 9, 2005
I now have G10......AND EVERYTHING ELSE!!!
Sorry for the yelling buy u guys know the elation when u finally get everything right :yes

Thank you PSB, Ice, Wshoe and everybody else. there is NO way I could have done this without all of you.

??Why me???
it just disappeared! my reciever turned off by itself and when it came on i had nothing not even my southern bird...
what is going on ???

Try a complete power off/30 seconds/on.

Then check that an evil wombat didn't chomp through your coax.

Then check your dish to make sure it didn't fall over ;)

Good advice man =)
I'm back in business. I think a bolt or something slipped and knocked it out of whack. I found my southern bird (I've done it so many times in the last 3 days I can find that baby with out a meter) reset everything. I still don't have G10 yet but I think I've had enough for one day. Everything else is tightened down so tight Thor's hammer couldn't move it. 2morrow looks like I'll just adjust the motor elevation.
If that doesn't work, then I'll just kick it over and plant some flowers in it =)

Unckle_Fun_Knuckles said:
Good advice man =)
I'm back in business. I think a bolt or something slipped and knocked it out of whack. I found my southern bird (I've done it so many times in the last 3 days I can find that baby with out a meter) reset everything. I still don't have G10 yet but I think I've had enough for one day. Everything else is tightened down so tight Thor's hammer couldn't move it. 2morrow looks like I'll just adjust the motor elevation.
If that doesn't work, then I'll just kick it over and plant some flowers in it =)

Be careful there, unc... the ubolts holding that motor on are infamous for snapping under over-torquing. :mad:

snathanb said:
Be careful there, unc... the ubolts holding that motor on are infamous for snapping under over-torquing. :mad:

so true...so true :D

I had a bolt bust when unscrewing it because it was torqued on there pretty good

Mine are looking a bit "uhgy" lately, I'll have to invest in something a little better.
They still loosen and tighten on one side, but the other side seems to be slightly cross-threaded, so I leave them alone now. THIS is why we need an amature satellite setup program broadcast somewhere ;)

I'm back in business. Readjusted the motor elevation and G10 came strolling in.
Power scanning that mug as I type....just finished...43 channels....like heaven.

Unckle_Fun_Knuckles said:
Side note:
My motor is set at around 34 and my latitude is 36.7
does that mean some other adjustment is off??

yes. The elevation on the meter should be the same as the latitude

I would set that to 37 and leave it...adjust the elevation on the dish :)

Cool Ice,
I went out tonight and set the motor at 36..G10 no sweat (high80%) but now I can't seem to dial my south bird in. Could it be one of my other adjustment points?
Which one should I start with? Could it be the dish-to-the-motor mount?
While I was adjusting it, it seemed that the motor elevation was faily forgiving, but the dish elevation is worse then my 8th grade shop teacher =P
Any advice on how to procede?

the elevation on the motor shouldnt be touched. It would be the elevation on the dish. I don't remember what type of dish you have, but my Fortec dish the elevation was off by a couple degrees. I woulod dial in the true south and then adjust with the dish. Once that's dialed in, the rest should fall into place :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)