LG + Xbox One X + LG SJ9 + Hopper 3k = 4k? (1 Viewer)

Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

ebaydan777

Feb 10, 2018
san diego
Hello!

I have an LG OLED 65" newest model with HDR, also have xbox one x which has hdr, as well as an LG SJ9 soundbar with 4k hdr passthrough.

When I connect my tv directly to the Hopper 3, the 4k channel works no problem.

But when I have it connected normally, which is TV into soundbar, soundbar out to xbox one x, xbox one x out to hopper 3. I get format not accepted on the screen and to visit the support site.

I have tuned the xbox one x to be HDR at 12-bit (the highest) settings. I have also read the SJ9 pushes HDR 10 passthrough no problem. So I am not sure what's wrong. I am using premium 4k HDMI cables throughout with 18gbps compatibility 2.0b.

What am I doing wrong??

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
Satsuma, AL
I would have thought you would connect the Hopper and the Xbox to the TV directly, each on their own HDMI input; then the soundbar connected to the TV, possibly on the input that provides ARC. But maybe I don't know how soundbars work, I don't own one.

HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
Pekin, IL
I would have thought you would connect the Hopper and the Xbox to the TV directly, each on their own HDMI input; then the soundbar connected to the TV, possibly on the input that provides ARC. But maybe I don't know how soundbars work, I don't own one.
IF the sound bar acts as an arc unit, everything connected to the sound bar with 1 hdmi cable to the TV, then the inputs changed on the sound bar but typically what you said with optical audio out to the soundbar

Ngamtns706

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 5, 2016
Georgia
You can connect a cable/sat box to the xbox and it’s supposed to make things simpler, but I’ve never done it because I didn’t think it did by reading about it and didn’t see the point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)