LG + Xbox One X + LG SJ9 + Hopper 3k = 4k?

ebaydan777

Original poster
Feb 10, 2018
san diego
Hello!

I have an LG OLED 65" newest model with HDR, also have xbox one x which has hdr, as well as an LG SJ9 soundbar with 4k hdr passthrough.

When I connect my tv directly to the Hopper 3, the 4k channel works no problem.

But when I have it connected normally, which is TV into soundbar, soundbar out to xbox one x, xbox one x out to hopper 3. I get format not accepted on the screen and to visit the support site.

I have tuned the xbox one x to be HDR at 12-bit (the highest) settings. I have also read the SJ9 pushes HDR 10 passthrough no problem. So I am not sure what's wrong. I am using premium 4k HDMI cables throughout with 18gbps compatibility 2.0b.

What am I doing wrong??

I would have thought you would connect the Hopper and the Xbox to the TV directly, each on their own HDMI input; then the soundbar connected to the TV, possibly on the input that provides ARC. But maybe I don't know how soundbars work, I don't own one.

I would have thought you would connect the Hopper and the Xbox to the TV directly, each on their own HDMI input; then the soundbar connected to the TV, possibly on the input that provides ARC. But maybe I don't know how soundbars work, I don't own one.
IF the sound bar acts as an arc unit, everything connected to the sound bar with 1 hdmi cable to the TV, then the inputs changed on the sound bar but typically what you said with optical audio out to the soundbar

You can connect a cable/sat box to the xbox and it’s supposed to make things simpler, but I’ve never done it because I didn’t think it did by reading about it and didn’t see the point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts