Lies & Deception

I hear this over and over and over and being in the sales process I find this hard to believe. The Dish Network Service L.L.C Service agreement, is the 24 month agreement.

First of all when you setup a new account your verbally told there is a 24 month committment.

Second of all when the installer did the installation, he left with a signed 24 month contract.

Bottom line is that the installers don't get paid for their installation if they don't turn in a signed contract, and just about all installers know better not to leave your home without a signed contract.

There is probably a recording available of the origional sales call, I know I have to record everything at my call center for QA purposes and upload random sales calls every week.

As far as cancelling service, your not going to get anywhere going that route since DISH Network will just go ahead and enforce the contract and not give you any type of compansation. Your best bet is to call customer service, speak to loyalty and see if there is any type of adjustment of credit they can issue to make you happy.
Claude.
With all due respect, you are incorrect.
The Dish Network LLC Service Agreemrnt is NOT the 24 month agreement form.
The above mentioned form covers labor performed.
The commitment forms are the DHPP 24 month agreement, DHA TOO Agreement and the DIU Existing Customer 24 Month Agreement Form.
You state you customers are verbally informed of the 24 month commitment. The retailer I work for does the same. Every I dotted/ t crossed.
Unfortunately there are boiler room type third party sales partners that leave out all kinds of important details. Their salespeople's attitude seems to be " not to worry, let the installers worry about it. I made my commission".
Now, I have been around the block a time or two and I know when certain customers say "they never told me that", I can tell they are full of it.
Generally, customers are not being told everything they need to know before saying "yes". This is bad customer service.
Signed forms.
Yes you are 100% spot on. No installer would leave the premises without singed paperwork.
In my case, if the customer refuses to sign the paperwork( the reason is immaterial) we are to call our office and discuss the refusal to sign. Our management then makes a determination on how to dispose of the issue.
However, I do not believe this is the issue with the OP.

Who needs a DVR receiver?

With all the complaining about DVR receivers, why don't more people simply use a DVD recorder with a hard drive? That's what I do, gives me lots of flexibility to record any source to the hard drive, then I can easily edit content and burn DVD's if it's not copyrighted content. I can select any of 4 record speeds, the slowest is used for my wife's Oprah etc. and I use a faster speed when I want better quality. I don't have HD though, so I admit I am not current on state of the art, it may be a different story with HD.

With all the complaining about DVR receivers, why don't more people simply use a DVD recorder with a hard drive? That's what I do, gives me lots of flexibility to record any source to the hard drive, then I can easily edit content and burn DVD's if it's not copyrighted content. I can select any of 4 record speeds, the slowest is used for my wife's Oprah etc. and I use a faster speed when I want better quality. I don't have HD though, so I admit I am not current on state of the art, it may be a different story with HD.

So what model and where do you find them? DVD burners with hard drive?

I went shopping but no one appeared to know what they are:( Looking for a DVD server too,

The vast majority of what I watch are re runs.

I could assemble my own OWNED programming keep minimal programing most of time with ANY provider then occasionally do AEP equivalent to snag new shows then drop back to minimum package. Plus I really like old shows like those on RTN, so OTA is now of more interest:)

100 bucks a month for TV is way too much to spend!!!

DVD Recorder

Well I guess if you're a relic like me and stuck in the world of standard definition you would be happy with a DVD recorder. I am about to launch into HD though, a Motorola 505 is on the way for Shaw, and I'll be shopping for a flat screen to replace my 20 yeal old Sony 27". I guess next I'll need to replace my 311 with a Dish HD receiver........ Then..........Now I know why I have been putting it off!

Why not counter it buy geting discounts? slickdeals.net and other sites talk about discount we can get 3 months of free hbo showtime that 66 and maybe cinemax for 0.01 for year so that 155 so and if we can get free premium channels for 6 months that 122 + 155 = 277 Some people were told that they can get free hbo showtime for whole year so 399 free stuff. I bet you can get credits after one year is up. I bet is all about talking to right person and be persistent

I'm going to assume you bought from Dish Network or a telemarketer.. I know as a retailer I spend an extra amout of time trying to be actually honest with the customer expaining what their bill will actually be with the fees included.. So the customer shops around until a telemarketer or DISH 800 number idiots tell them a price they want to hear. They think they are going to get a better price so they order from someone other than me.. Then when they get the bill they always seem to call me.. Not much I can do for them at this point. Why do people think they can shop around for a programming price.. IT's the same company selling it.

I'm going to assume you bought from Dish Network or a telemarketer.. I know as a retailer I spend an extra amout of time trying to be actually honest with the customer expaining what their bill will actually be with the fees included.. So the customer shops around until a telemarketer or DISH 800 number idiots tell them a price they want to hear. They think they are going to get a better price so they order from someone other than me.. Then when they get the bill they always seem to call me.. Not much I can do for them at this point. Why do people think they can shop around for a programming price.. IT's the same company selling it.

A related question. With the announced price ncrease for lease receivers why doesnt E disclose that at sales time?> I called E, from a different phone, had sales price a dream system:) But they didnt disclose the fee increase.

That dishhonest if you ask me.

Is that form labeled "Dish Network Service Agreement"?
If so that is the form signed by the customer agreeing all work performed was to their satisfaction.
I add notes in the coment area and make sure the customer reads and understands them.
Of course I cover the entire job BEFORE I so much as take a tool off my truck.
There should have been a second form. That one is the "contract" fro services.
This is the form that explains in great detail the terms and conditions of the 24 month committment.

Yeah that what i was saying, the one the op signed was not the contract. And it does not matter what another poster said that it is the policy of Dish to say that it is the contract, the law will say it is not because it is not the contract, nowhere on that paper does it speak of the 24 month commitment.

It does say " I have read, understand and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Residential Customer Agreement and also the Service Agreement Terms"

That being said the Residential Customer Agreement is the 24 month Commitment. And by initialing the paper you are agreeing to it. Feel free to post a rebuttal about how it wont stand up but I know for a fact it has hundreds of times

No, the Residential customer agreement is something else, I know I read it before I signed, it is in the user guide of the receivers. Only the Digital home advantage or other promotion contract specify the 24 month term, and again I stress this because you do not have to sign up for 24 months to get service, so I agree with you guys that most likely an installer will never leave without a signature, but the customer can sign the DHA form without agreeing to the 24 month term, you can decline the commitment on the form. So if the customer does not specify they want to sign up for 24months or does not sign the form at all dish can not hold them to it because they signed another unrelated form. But like I said before they can then take away any promotion prices quoted and charge for activation, which signing up for no term requires. Of course if someone like the OP was never told about the commitment that opens up a whole other can of worms with the quoted price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts