LIGHT thunderstorm trouble--any help?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Zinnea

Original poster
Aug 18, 2006
I'm a relatively new DISH subscriber (2 mo. or so). I love the service, except for one thing. We seem to lose satellite signal in even a very light thunderstorm. Thunderstorms that are not classified as severe by the weather experts cause us satellite outages.

When my husband used to have DISH network in college, he said that it rarely "cut out" unless there was a MAJOR, near-tornado like storm.

Our dish is securely attached to the roof of our two-story house, with nothing in the way (no trees, other buildings, etc. to block it).

Is there anything we can do to address this problem? If we need our DISH installer to come back out and help, is there usually a cost attached? (I know each installer is probably different, but in general, what's the rule?)

I have Bell ExpressVu (same thing as Dish...more or less) I always lose my signal during the lightest thunderstorm alot of people do. The electrical energy blocks the signal.

I switched from a Legacy LNB system for 61.5 and 110/119, both on Dish 500s, through an SW64 to 4 tuners to a 61.5/120/119/129 Dish 500+1000 through a Dish Pro DPP44 to 5 tuners--622+921+501. The installer took the SW64 and possibly the 2 antenna/DBS splitters, as I cannot find them but they did come from Dish and separators now allow using 3 instead of 4 cables.

I lost signal before only when the snow piled up in the dish. This month I have lost signal twice from rain storms. You can see the meter go down to 50 or lower, maybe even 30, on the 622 and gradually come back up toward the end of the storm. The normal signal is high 80s or better and even better on 61.5 dish. Signal was much higher on the 921--different scale? The dishes seem peaked.

When is this "normal" or could it be the southern exposure DPP44 being suddenly cooled and losing lock? I've not heard of that but if it is that, then I dread the coming winter. Is there less fade with Legacy? I am talking all satellites simultaneously not just 129. Possibly the worst was 119, the central Dish 1000 LNB.

-Ken

Mine has the opposite troubles, I have a superdish with a signal on the 119 at 115 and the 110 at 125. semi heavy rain does not affect it but light rain does. also I know when we are going to get hell. If it is not raining and my signal gets lost I know we are going to get hell very shortly. Snow or fog does not affect it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts