Lightning strike

olds403

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
michigan
So my dad had a lightning strike this morning that fried his 722k and one TV and one LED light bulb all in different rooms of the house. Does Dish still offer replacement 722k's? He doesn't really want to upgrade to the hopper due to all the fees involved, especially for 3 TV's. I know he can buy one from ebay or a third party on Amazon but would be nice if he could get a replacement from Dish. Thanks for your help.

Reactions: pattykay
So my dad had a lightning strike this morning that fried his 722k and one TV and one LED light bulb all in different rooms of the house. Does Dish still offer replacement 722k's? He doesn't really want to upgrade to the hopper due to all the fees involved, especially for 3 TV's. I know he can buy one from ebay or a third party on Amazon but would be nice if he could get a replacement from Dish. Thanks for your help.
Why not call DISH and hear what they have to say first!

Reactions: edisonprime
If anyone calls, he can call. I was just checking here to see if anyone knew if they did. I try to help him when I can, but ultimately the box is registered to his address.

Reactions: charlesrshell
If anyone calls, he can call. I was just checking here to see if anyone knew if they did. I try to help him when I can, but ultimately the box is registered to his address.
Have him call the Dish Loyalty Department phone number: 1-888-496-1260
Either they can help him directly, or they can forward him to the proper department (technical support, etc.) to get this taken care of. :)

You should put everything on a UPS. It will catch power issues and the surge protector is also good. Having a direct hit by lightning and you are basically screwed. If Dish does not want to help you in getting a replacement receive, then tell them you will cancel and go with Directv. With Dish bleeding subs, they need to keep the customers that they currently have.

Reactions: charlesrshell
You should put everything on a UPS. It will catch power issues and the surge protector is also good. Having a direct hit by lightning and you are basically screwed. If Dish does not want to help you in getting a replacement receive, then tell them you will cancel and go with Directv. With Dish bleeding subs, they need to keep the customers that they currently have.
Look a few posts back he said "Dish service tech was there today and replaced the 722k,"

Last year I had a lighting strike next to my shed it must have followed the electric line into the house it blew out my main box circuit breakers .No damage at all to anything except a invisible fence system. It blew it apart. I had a few deck cushions charred. It almost burned down my she shed. :)

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Yes, the tech was great, checking the dish, LNB and cabling. He had several 722k's on the truck. The lightning took out the dish receiver, his wireless headphones/charger, a circuit board in the furnace, 2 tv's and his cable modem/router. My mom was in the dining room and actually saw lightning (she described it as a red lightning bolt) come out of the tv in the dining room. Luckily she was not standing next to it. What a mess.

He wasn't able to verify that the cabling to the dining room and bedroom were good as both those tv's were fried. He said he would come back after they got a good tv upstairs and make sure everything was good there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts