This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

LiL suddenly on though not ordered

TV Junkie 12

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 25, 2006
Arkansas
Anybody else have this happen? While flipping through my channels I suddenly noticed that my LiL's were present even though I did not order them. I have a Vip 211 and get my locals OTA with either the 211 or my TV.

Anyone know why this would have happened? I live in the Little Rock DMA and did have grandfathered distants which I lost but I cancelled my LiL's well before the end of 2006. As a side-LiL picture quality is very soft and far inferior to what I used to receive out of Denver, N.Y., Atlanta and Chicago.

Well they turned them on for most everyone on 12/1. However if you already canceled them before the end of 06, I don't know unless it was a fluke. Just call again and tell them you don't want them, so you won't be charged the extra 5 bucks.

What are "LiL's"?

(sorry, new DISH customer : )

LIL stands for "Local into Local", Satellite companies DirectTV and Dish rebroadcast local channels into local markets to be picked up by your satellite dish. This is where the term comes from.