Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
LIVE FUTBOL: Spanish Primera Liga
Rush-HD: Sunday, January 8, at 3 PM EDT

_atl_madrid_.gif
Atletico Madrid vs.
_valencia_.gif
Valencia
A new episode of La Liga Report starts 30 minutes before the game.
Join our game-time discussion in this thread!

For the latest schedules, please check the following thread:
Schedule of Live Soccer Matches on WorldSport-HD and Rush-HD
Logos are courtesy of www.hqfl.dk

FYI: The game is not in the program guide! It was supposed to be on WorldSport, but since the launch of the channel has been delayed till February, I assume the game will be shown on Rush.

Italian soccer

Any chance they will ever show soccer matches from Italy in HD at WorldSport?

Also, any anticipation on whether the upcoming World Cup in Germany will be available in HD somewhere?

Thanks

Well, the season is back from the Holiday break!
Yesterday Barcelona had a 2-1 victory over Espanyol (thanks to Deco and Eto'o). They are now 5 points ahead of Osasuna.

Here are the latest Spanish league standings:
1 Barcelona (18 played) 43
2 Osasuna (17) 38
3 Deportivo (18) 32
4 Valencia (17) 32
5 Villarreal (17) 30
6 Real Madrid (17) 29
7 Sevilla (17) 26
8 Celta (17) 26
9 Getafe (17) 24
10 Zaragoza (17) 21
11 Real Sociedad (17) 21
12 Atlético (17) 19
13 Racing (17) 19
14 Espanyol (18) 18
15 Málaga (17) 17
16 Mallorca (17) 16
17 Athletic (18) 15
18 Betis (17) 15
19 Cádiz (17) 14
20 Alavés (17) 12

hi all,

Some new names here, which is great! Just wanted to check in as I am back behind the controls today. I hope you have all checked out the new site www.worldsporthd.com.

As mentioned we will air the live games this month on RushHD before we re-launch WorldSport 2.1.06!

Enjoy the game!
Matt

Welcome back everyone! After a long break it's futbol time again!

Here is what Paul posted at worldsporthd.com:

So 2005 drew to a close and you have to say it has been Barca's year... They go into 2006 with the 2004-5 Primera Liga title under their belt and an 11-point lead over Real Madrid.

Samuel Eto'o, Ronaldinho and Leo Messi are probably the best attack in the World and you can't see anyone stopping them, even though Eto'o will be on African Nations duty in January.

As for Real Madrid, you have to wonder, where now? Luxemburgo has gone, they have confirmed Lopez Caro until the end of the season, but after their dreadful home defeat to Racing Santander on December 21st, will he last that long?

Their stars look old and tired and some of them (Roberto Carlos and maybe Ronaldo) want to leave...They will put everything into the Copa del Rey and Champions League and hope for a miracle.

As for the rest, Valencia could be an outside bet and Deportivo will be around there as will Villarreal.

Of course you can't forget Osasuna's home wins on the bounce can't be ignored. It would be great to see Aguirre's men repeat the title challenge Real Sociedad managed in 2003.

2006 looks to be just as good as everyone looks ahead to the World Cup. Will that inspire some players or will they look to conserve their energy for this summer's big event.

We kick off 2006 in the Calderon, where Atletico are underperforming yet again. They take on Valencia, who are third in the table without having hit top gear yet... 3 points for Quique Sanchez Flores men? Who can tell, all I can say is be there.

Cheers PAUL

I like to watch those goals a the end of La Liga Report. GolTv had the 50 goals of 2005 in SD but there were some expectaculars goal there.

I watched the Barcelona/Cadiz game on GolTv last week where Ronaldihno did not play because of the flue and Et'o scored two goals. The announcer for goltv screamed Et'ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo everytime Et'o scored.

Well, I guess I expected more action from this game... oh well.
Anyway, great to see some futbol again! Looking forward to re-launch of WorldSport, just hope we will not have to miss all action in February due to delays in production of MPEG-4 receivers... ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)