LNB and EPG - some technical information

OrbyTV-ITK

Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 21, 2019
Los Angeles
Here are some answers to questions I have seen posted on the forum more than a few times

1/ LNB and the 22kHz tone

The current Orby TV LNB is capable of using two different LO settings. Setting the 22kHz tone on drives the Orby TV LNB to the correct frequency range for our current transponders. Our receivers currently always* drive 13V (Vertical polarity) and 22kHz tone on (LO 10750).

*some early software versions would drive 18V during receiver start up. I know some folks here have seen that.

2/ Local channel EPG data

We do deliver 14 days of local channel EPG data for more than 8000 local TV channels over the satellite. We think that is the best way to provide a consistent DVR recording experience. That is pretty much all the major stations ( Full power and Class A stations ). If we don't have EPG data for a channel the receivers will use any available PSIP data from the local broadcasters.

Here are some answers to questions I have seen posted on the forum more than a few times

1/ LNB and the 22kHz tone

The current Orby TV LNB is capable of using two different LO settings. Setting the 22kHz tone on drives the Orby TV LNB to the correct frequency range for our current transponders. Our receivers currently always* drive 13V (Vertical polarity) and 22kHz tone on (LO 10750).

*some early software versions would drive 18V during receiver start up. I know some folks here have seen that.

2/ Local channel EPG data

We do deliver 14 days of local channel EPG data for more than 8000 local TV channels over the satellite. We think that is the best way to provide a consistent DVR recording experience. That is pretty much all the major stations ( Full power and Class A stations ). If we don't have EPG data for a channel the receivers will use any available PSIP data from the local broadcasters.
Thank you. That helps us tech guys understand the operation of the system. I am extremely pleased with orby

Sent from my SM-G955U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)