LNB Type

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
What is the model numbers of the receivers you are talking about?

You can run a DP 311 receiver and a DP 322 Receiver from 3 types of Dish Pro Plus LNBs: a DPP Twin, DPP 1000.2, or a DPP 1000.4 LNB. That is, run 1 line from the DPP Twin/Triple LNB to the 311 and run the second line from the DPP Twin/Triple LNB to the 322 (with a seperator). But, if you don't have a seperator and you happen to have a 1000.2 LNB, you could run 1 line to the 311 and 2 lines to the 322 without the use of seperator. (Because the DPP Twin has 2 outputs and the DPP 1000.2/1000.4 has 3 outputs.)

If you just have Dish Pro LNBs in inventory, then you'd have to use a DP Quad LNB where you'd run 1 line to the 311 and 2 lines to the 322.

You can also use a Legacy Quad in the same way.

With switches integrated the whole game can change.

I greatly appreciate the information however I'm so confused and perhaps I didn't give you enough information. Let me start from the beginning. My neighbors want to use my satellite dish for their 311 receivers. I have a dual LNB and a 322 receiver. Due to my location I only receive signal from Sat 119.
I also have a DPP34 and 44 switch, a 3x4 multi-switch, and a dpp separator because I've been getting advise from different people and getting these switches, etc., to make it work. I think I've tried everything to get the 3 receivers to work off the one LNB without success! I can get reception on all of them but the 322 doesn't receive all the channels. When I change things and get all the channels on the 322, I lose them on the 311's.
Can you give directions on how to get this all to work? Simple language or drawings please!

There is no such thing as a DPP dual. If you only have a single satellite location (and assuming you do really mean 119 and not 118 also) viewed by a DP dual, then you do not need nor do you want a switch of any type! Just spit the signal with a voltage-passing splitter, and feed that signal to all tuners.

You may well need an in-line amp in order to provide sufficient signal strength at all receivers. Remember that the two ports on a DP dual carry identical signals which are both polarizations bandstacked simultaneously on each port. Note that all components between LNB and receivers have to be rated up to 2GHz, or else you may lose your highest frequency transponders.

You do not want to use a separator on your 322. That's only useful if you're using DP Plus technology to switch in different satellites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)