LNBF Problem?

elder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 17, 2007
I am starting a new thread since this problem seems unrelated to the Satellite anomaly. My problem is that GLC (and others on the TP) at times shows "no signal" at its normal location (Ch 108 12177V), but is present at a newly scanned location 12178V. Also Vision Heaven and GBN come and go.

Watching GBN and Vision Heaven at this time. Both channels are on air.

Your reception issue has nothing to do with the satellite anomaly. You might perform a power reset with the rear panel Master Power Switch. If this does not correct the problem, perform a Factory Reset.
We are not time coordinated on our checks, Vision Heaven came back last night but is gone this morning as I checked at 11:30AM. GLC was there last night and I was watching it this morning. After reading this thread I moved to Ch 2189 (my new scanned position fo GLC at 12178V) then back to Ch 108. At first it went back OK, then required a minute or more and now at 12:15PM I just went to Vision Heaven (not there) and back to GLC Ch 108 and it won't tune.

I am rethinking the problem. Consider this . . . Vision Heaven was gone during the hottest month or so. I thought it was the programmer and quit looking for it so I don't know exactly how long it was gone. Now with cooler weather it is there at night, but gone when the sun warms the LNBF. So maybe 11716V was the first to go and so far it hasn't scanned at a second location. Now for GLC at 12177V it was OK this morning, but now that the LNBF is in full sun I have to go to 12178V to find it. The problem occurred between 11:30AM and 12:15PM.

Does my analysis make any sense, or what do you suggest as the next step in resolving this?

Bad LNB...when it gets warm it whacks out

I have the opposite on a LN...works great until it gets to +10 or below...then the H side dies out until its warmed up

I would replace the LNB to see if that fixes it

A 1 MHZ drift in an "off the shelf" LNBF during the heat of the day is quite good. The GEOSATpro DVR1100c receiver auto tune range is typically around +/- 4MHz. Try shifting the LO Frequency up or down in 1 MHz steps next time the receiver does not lock onto a channel.

You can find the center of the LO frequency by determining the upper and lower LO frequency (where the Signal Quality is lost). Example 10756MHz / high and 10744 / low equals a LO frequency of 10750.

If the LO frequency center frequency was high to start with, then the LNBF could be near the LO "Ledge" and a standard amount of temperature related drift could cause loss of signal.

Glorystar will replace a standard LNBF that is more than 3MHZ off of the factory set 10750 MHz if it is within the one year warranty period.

Last edited:
A 1 MHZ drift in an "off the shelf" LNBF during the heat of the day is quite good. The GEOSATpro DVR1100c receiver auto tune range is typically around +/- 4MHz. Try shifting the LO Frequency up or down in 1 MHz steps next time the receiver does not lock onto a channel.

You can find the center of the LO frequency by determining the upper and lower LO frequency (where the Signal Quality is lost). Example 10756MHz / high and 10744 / low equals a LO frequency of 10750.

If the LO frequency center frequency was high to start with, then the LNBF could be near the LO "Ledge" and a standard amount of temperature related drift could cause loss of signal.

Glorystar will replace a standard LNBF that is more than 3MHZ off of the factory set 10750 MHz if it is within the one year warranty period.
Great response! My flaky channels were all there last evening within an hour of the sun leaving the dish. This morning they are all there. I went from CH 108 to the Channel Search screen and found this to be the LO range 10741-10750. If I set the LO to another freq when I come back it says 0?

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems that at ambient temperature the LNBF LO is at approximately 10745-6MHz. We would suggest that this LNBF LO frequency was incorrectly set at delivery and would be considered a factory defect. Very unusual due to our stringent factory pre-testing performed during production to weed out problematic LNBFs.

(What's the difference between a GEOSATpro LNBF and a competitors LNBF? GEOSATpro buys only the tested "A" stock. The "B" and "C" stock gets passed on to another project......)

We have sent you a PM to make arrangements to replace.

Now you can remove the faulty LNBF case and twist the two tuning pots and learn about optimizing a LNB....

I replaced the G*25 LNBF performed a Factory Default then rescanned to get my extra channels. Here are the results:

TBN 12060H signal but no video/audio
Church Channel 12060H signal but no video/audio
Gods Learning Channel 12060H signal but no video/audio
Smile of a Child 12060H signal but no video/audio
CCN Pay 12060H good
Feed (God TV) 12060H good

I can receive TBN, Church Channel and Gods Learning Channel on 12178V.

These issues are not associated with the old or new replacement LNBF. New channels are not being scanned properly.

TBN, Church Channel, Gods Learning Channel, Smile of a Child and CCN are not on 12060, but God TV is (FEED). We believe that you are editing an existing transponder (12177???) rather than adding a new transponder for the new frequency 12060MHz when attempting to add God TV.

Are you running current SW and Data? 3.13 / 1.07

1. Perform a Factory Reset
  2. Activate the receiver for Glorystar
  3. Perform a Manual OTA Firmware update
  4. Are all channels preprogrammed channels coming in? If so, then perform a Power Scan for all FTA channels on Galaxy25.

Things are different this morning, apparently I have experienced my first update. When I got up this morning (Tues Nov 02) the first thing I noticed was the time/date was wrong (the time/date has now updated to the normal 3 minute lag) and I was on All Channels with no Fav list. Also the first time I have seen G25/G19, before it was only G25. The channel slate is now correct, I will be out today so won't be able to add any of my other channels until later.

Could it be that I have never received updates before because of the faulty LNBF?

SW and Data are now 03.13 (Oct 02) / 01.07, the (Oct 02) wasn't there yesterday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts