Status
Please reply by conversation.

dmadson

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 24, 2009
appleton, wi
Just a question,

If i told Direct tv that i have a reciver out of the area i live in. What locals stations would i get? The ones in the area i live or would the out of area reciver get its local channels.

Just a question,

If i told Direct tv that i have a reciver out of the area i live in. What locals stations would i get? The ones in the area i live or would the out of area reciver get its local channels.

If you told them that you have moved temporarily to a new location, they will give you those locals until you move back. Without them knowing where the receiver is, you will continue to get your normal locals until you are too far away from the spot beam to get them.

Ok, i live in WI, and i want to get local channels from MN during football season. So i just tell them that i moved temporarily and brought a reciver with me? Will have to update my mailing address? Also what do you mean about the spot beam?

Ok, i live in WI, and i want to get local channels from MN during football season. So i just tell them that i moved temporarily and brought a reciver with me? Will have to update my mailing address? Also what do you mean about the spot beam?

You wouldn't update your mailing address, just your service address. The problem is the size of the spot beam. The satellite signals that carry local channels don't cover a very large area, only the area they are intended for. You may be out of the area the Minnesota spot beam covers. What is your zip code and which stations are you trying to get from MN?

yeah unfortunatelly you are out of the spotbeam for Minneapolis so that wont work

The spotbeam covers Minnesota and into Wisconsin to about Eau Calire as the first few counties in Wisconsin are in the Minneapolis market

I dont have my channel list near me (not at home) but if I remember right the same transponder they use for Minneapolis they also use for Milwaukee (spotbeams can be reused numerous times)

Status
Please reply by conversation.