Local NBC Keeps Going Out

zzandrewst

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 2, 2008
South Carolina
My local NBC (WMBF) channel goes out several times every single day. The HD channel goes out more than the SD channel, but both channels have problems. Usually the channel stays out for anywhere from a few seconds to 5 minutes or longer. This has been happening for a very long time (possibly since the beginning of the channel in August 2008). I have never contacted Dish about this because it is always accompanied by the dish network screen that says they are aware of the problem and to not contact them etc... Why would they be aware of this problem and never fix it permanently? What could be the cause of this daily loss of the channel, and what would be the best way to complain about this? Is there an e-mail address that I can send an e-mail to?

Just ewplain what channel it is and the issue

Make sure to include
call sign
channel number on Dish....the actual channel. Not the mapdown. If you dont know, check thelist at the top...edit looks like 5172
city of dma

I used it years ago when one local volume was 1/2 the volume of the others and they fixed it right away

Just ewplain what channel it is and the issue

Make sure to include
call sign
channel number on Dish....the actual channel. Not the mapdown. If you dont know, check thelist at the top...edit looks like 5172
city of dma

I used it years ago when one local volume was 1/2 the volume of the others and they fixed it right away

Awesome, thanks! That's just stupid that the screen is put on by your receiver, it makes it sound like they already know about the problem, why wouldn't they want to be notified of it. I'll make sure to e-mail them next time it happens so I can get the call sign.

Just an update, I e-mailed the e-mail above and got a response back (from an actual person at that!) They have resolved my problem with the local NBC channel, thanks for the help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)