Local TBS feed on Expressvu to be different than National TBS Feed

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
WTBS going back to local roots | ajc.com

The local TV station that formed the basis for Turner Broadcasting System is getting a top-to-bottom overhaul, with a new name and a different programming lineup.
WTBS, an over-the-air channel that carries mostly the same programs as national cable giant TBS, will be revamped as Peachtree TV. Starting Oct. 1, Turner Broadcasting will use Peachtree TV to target the Atlanta market, leaving national TBS unchanged.
Atlantans should expect a few switches. Those who get TV over the air for free will get Peachtree TV but lose TBS programs. Peachtree TV will get its own programming lineup.
Looks like the TBS feed that Expressvu uses will no longer be TBS, instead it will be Peachtree TV. I wonder if Expressvu will switch over to the national feed.
Not sure what feed Star Choice uses.

from what I have seen (comparing the SC feed and TBS OTA) SC is running the local feed not the national. I am wondering though if when TBS changes if they will switch to the national feed.

I am wondering if Canadians will loose wtbs after the change? This has been speculated on another board about Atlanta TV, somthing to do with the CRTC rules. I guess we'll find out on 10/1

I am wondering if Canadians will loose wtbs after the change? This has been speculated on another board about Atlanta TV, somthing to do with the CRTC rules. I guess we'll find out on 10/1

That will be interesting to see.

The thing is here in canada the "superstations where licience back in the early 80"s

KWGN
WGN
WTBS
WSBK
WWOR
WPIX
KTLA

now up to a fewyears ago everything was ok.

Then WB(WGN,KTLA &WPIX) and UPN(WSBK)came along and though 'Technically' WB & UPN wheren't licience to be carried in Canada the CRTC seem to lok the other way, and now with the CW. I'm not sure if they'll be allowed for both, but then the arguement can be said about XW and the former UPN & WB. It should be noted that the WGN and the WGN HD are and issue as well.

TOM :)

Is TBS approved

So if WTBS is an approved superstation in Canada, is the network TBS an approved network? If Starchoice were smart, they would put the national TBS feed on 529 and leave the WTBS "Peachtree" feed on 650.

I also wonder if Turner will shutter the WTBS local feed on satellite. I was really surprised to see it was the local feed when I first got Starchoice. None of the other "superstations" have ever done that, but there's always a first for everything.

I also wonder if Turner will shutter the WTBS local feed on satellite. I was really surprised to see it was the local feed when I first got Starchoice. None of the other "superstations" have ever done that, but there's always a first for everything.

WWOR hasn't had a different feed in years
WSBK, KTLA & KWGN never had a separate feed
SC has the WGN local WB version (SC use to have the Superstation feed until it left C-Band). CompressVu had the local feed for a while

I would think that technically the OTA version is the station that is officially approved not the cable version since that when the stations were first OK'd by the CRTC there were no cable versions. I am not interested in going through admenments to their license to see if that changed. So barring anything in theory the Peachtree OTA station is what is approved.

It would be nice for both to show up, but I'd prefer the TBS over the Peachtree based on what I know about PTV thus far.

I guess the main question is if wtbs (new peachtree) is still going to uplink to satellite? I have heard that wtbs is essentually for sale (time warner now owns it...not turner) and that is where the Braves will be (peachtree) and no longer on TBS (national), would be great if Ted would buy it back...he knew how to run a TV station. I have never see the national TBS feed but I have heard some complaints about screen bugs & banners (being on constanly throughout the show) when they are promoting somthing heavy (they do not do that on wtbs...although they still put allot of crap on the screen).

PS: I wish SC had court tv US becouse court tv Canada is weak, although I prefer more Canadian content not less.

WTBS is approved, it's OTA. TBS is a cable channel and isn't approved, but I'm sure an application to add it to the list will surface very soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)