Locals Protest the 5G Towers That Promise a High-Tech Future

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I agree, giving a variety of distros a try is a good way to find the right fit. At one time some years ago, I had nine different distros installed on one desktop... :)
That's why I'm using a 500 Gb HDD for Linux,so I can partition for other Distro's, but I want to settle on a Daily Driver. first. Ubuntu is to bloated now and yeah, Peppermint is too light and not as many options.

Reactions: NYDutch
There was a time when americans had a bit of common sense, and could handle reasoning better to sort through what is real and what is not. 5G power levels will be quite low. With more transmitters closer together, the power needed will be less than current systems. Also, the higher frequencies will mean multiple antennas can be integrated into a site to allow beam forming where it is needed, further reducing required power and raising efficiency. It is non ionizing RF, quite harmless. Think for yourself people. It is well known there are people trying to hinder our tech progress by spreading online lies about 5G.

And that "common sense" led to large companies thinking they can do as they please with our surrounds/environment in the name of "common sense expansion". I have an IoT Microwave and Washing Machine. BIG DEAL!! They are more trouble than they are worth. Simple failures cost more to address since they have IoTech. And they don't do anything extra except report back to the Mothership when I nuke pizza wrong or wash my underwear in cold water. PLUS! as per the article, the signal won't penetrate the exterior of your house. SO, one may say, "then why not?" Well what's the use if it's not going to cover and only be outside?

P.S.
I don't have a 5G cellphone. Matter of fact, I don't have a cellphone at all. Got rid of it in 2003. Three years long after I should have. I don't miss it a bit and feel free . . . if not reasonably cheap. When I go outdoors I'm surrounded by water and can't use it on the Island anyway. That's right, an Island. All the money I saved from not having to pay cellphone bills and keep up to date with the Jones' that have "common sense" and buy the latest and greatest cellphone every time they come out, I was able to buy an Island. That's where I "Sand Farm".

oldman.jpg

P.S.
I don't have a 5G cellphone. Matter of fact, I don't have a cellphone at all. Got rid of it in 2003. Three years long after I should have. I don't miss it a bit and feel free . . . if not reasonably cheap. When I go outdoors I'm surrounded by water and can't use it on the Island anyway. That's right, an Island. All the money I saved from not having to pay cellphone bills and keep up to date with the Jones' that have "common sense" and buy the latest and greatest cellphone every time they come out, I was able to buy an Island. That's where I "Sand Farm".

PS? I'm going to have to call BS. Let's say you spent $100 a month on service and bought a new $800 average phone every year. That's $2,000 per year for the past 16 years or $32,000 (doubtful). I don't think I'd care to live on any island you could buy for $32,000. And, most people need a phone for work, business, keeping up with the family, etc.

Reactions: HipKat
I don't think you have a grasp on the potential of 5G. There will be many things possible using 5G that are currently impossible. Future innovation, growth and international business competition dictates that we go all in or we shall fall behind. Things like real time traffic analysis, controlling traffic signals all over town to relieve congestion and rerouting vehicles. Wireless virtual reality streaming. Remote health care. Video conferencing like you are there. Dismiss it at your peril.
I agree with this aspect of the debate. I also agree that I don't need every aspect of my house to be accessed via the internet. I don't have or want a Ring system. I don't need my fridge to give me the weather report. I find them to be frivolous things. But yes, there are countless opportunities that await with 5G.

i do not use text messaging, but get texts daily from doctor's appt reminders, politicians seeking money and Verizon reminding me twice that my monthly bill is due and I am on autopay. And I do not even want to get into Social Security scams, telling me that I am going to jail. Do people really fall for this. All calls in and out of this country should be blocked unless they are in you contact list. I am really tired of autocall scams and foreign call centers that do not even speak understandable English. Have givien a lot of thought to getting rid of my cell phone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)