locals

shortstack

Original poster
Dec 7, 2006
virginia
I live in a area where there is no market for local channels.the nearest local cannels are 30 miles away. If I put my zip code in to look for locals in my area [ no locals in this area ] but I can put a zip code in that is a mile down the road and I can get local channels. my son lives in this area and gets locals. Is there any thing I can do to get local channels?

Use your son's address. As always the line has to be somewhere (it can't be gray) and if you live across the line then....

Yes, you can move your service address to an area that has locals by satellite and keep your billing address your true address. It is called "moving".

BE warned if you need a replacement receiver you will have to specify that you want your replacement shipped to your BILLING ADDRESS. IF you need work done on your sat dish by a tech you can either call a local installer to work on it or "move" back to your Billing address and have the work done and then "move" back to get locals again.

Pick a true address 30 miles away and then add an apartment number to it to make it your own. Then plug it into the satellite address broker on the sat provider and it will tell you if you are eligible for locals for that zipcode. Then call the sat company and say you want your SERVICE address to be the new one you picked and you want the BILLING address to be the true address you are physically at. Keep the phone number the same . Then ask for your locals to be turned on and you are all set.

The sat companies know that people do this and don't care as long as you don't tell them what you are really doing. THe law says that the sat companies can not "Knowingly" sell you out of market locals. Don't tell them what you are really doing and they won't ask.

The sat companies know that people do this and don't care as long as you don't tell them what you are really doing. THe law says that the sat companies can not "Knowingly" sell you out of market locals.

That's not how the law is written.

The law states that satellite companies are required to prove that they are selling local stations to elligible households.

Copyright law USC 17 section 122 paragraph (g)
http://www.copyright.gov/title17/chapter01.pdf

Echostar earned the section 119 injunction because they were unable (or unwilling) to prove that their DNS subscribers were legal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts