Locating Dish 119/118/110 Satellites with Satlink WS-6980? Will it work with Dish LNB?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Christopher Cromwell

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 9, 2014
Lexington, KY.
I have a Satlink WS-6980 Sat Meter, I want to use this to help me tune in the Dish Network Signals; with the newly designed Dish Plus 500+ LNB that has a built in switch. I will also be using the new Dish antenna designed for it. I already know how to set the elevation and skew, I can get those numbers, and I know to aim for the 119 Dish satellite first. I can set up the Satlink device for that location if need be. I've read that aligning this dish can be tricky, and that I can adjust for the 118 satellite after I locate the 119. Any helpful hints that might be useful? :)

***Important questions I need help with:
What Frequency LO Setting should I use with the Satlink and Dish Plus 500 LNB? 10750? 11250? Or both??
What's a good known Dish Transponder to use to bring in the signal? I should be able to use my Satlink meter for this LNB, right? Or is there another Satlink meter that will work better? That's all I really need to know, and I would greatly appreciate your help!

I know that I can fine tune the signals alot better directly from the TV Screen and Dish Receiver, but I don't really have a good way to do that from the roof.

I'm trying to set up this dish hopefully this weekend so I can start watching TVJAPAN off the 118 satellite, I can get it all done in a few hours if everything goes well. Yes, I already have the 211z reciever and new Dish Account set up, I just have to get the Dish antenna set up properly to get everything authorized correctly.

Please don't tell me to call a Dish Tech, that's just going to make me really upset beyond measure and create alot of other problems I don't need. It probably won't be very helpful either. :-(

The reference transponders with Super Buddy 29 are:
110 and 119 - transponder 14, 15, 16, 21
118 - transponder 1, 2, 24, 25

Never worked with Satlink WS-6980 Sat Meter, can't help there.
If you have the proper skew and elevation for your region, once you get one of the satellites you will have and the rest of them.

The reference transponders with Super Buddy 29 are:
110 and 119 - transponder 14, 15, 16, 21
118 - transponder 1, 2, 24, 25

Never worked with Satlink WS-6980 Sat Meter, can't help there.
If you have the proper skew and elevation for your region, once you get one of the satellites you will have and the rest of them.

Ok, thanks. I'm not sure if my Satlink will even work with the Dish LNB, so I guess I could go the alternate way. I could bring out the extension cords, spare TV, and reciever to dial it in, might save me hours of frustration when nothing shows up on the Satlink.

I can get the elevation and skew numbers easy enough and get that set up quickly. I've read this new Dish has fine tune adjustment bolts that will help make things easier.

Dish 500+ settings:

https://www.mydish.com/filestream.ashx?ID=11383

If you are not sure does your meter supports the dish switches, connect your meter to port #3 and look for 118, if you use your sat receiver it may not work because you will not have the sats locked. If you have a friend with 500+ DPP LNB go there with your receiver and run check switch.

What kind of dish or dishes do you have now, in which part of the country are you. Why do you want to upgrade to the new 500+ lnb ?
You know that more of the English HD channels are on 129 right?

lnb-jpg.69461

It's ok, I spent much of the afternoon getting it dialed in with the Dish receiver and spare TV outside. The best I could do was get the signals between the mid 60's to the mid 70's on all three satellites, 119, 118 and 110; depending on the transponder I was on. It was getting cloudy, so the signals were being affected by that. I was hoping to get better signal, but after a good couple hours of fiddling with the dish adjustments, I couldn't get much more than the mid 70's of signal; I'm in Lexington, KY. I got the receiver authorized successfully, and TVJAPAN HD is coming in really nice so far. Finally get to go back to my Japanese language studies! :-D I should probably just leave it on that channel so the signal will stay locked in better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the SatelliteGuys app!

Mid 60's and 70's are excellent numbers. You'll get no higher.

Oh, ok. That's cool, thanks!! The last time I had Dish a good 10+ years ago, I could get signals way up to 110+%! But that might have been back in the analog days too, back then signal numbers of 60's or 70's were decent, but still subject to screen breakups at times. I will keep an eye on it as the weather changes, we have solar outages now this month. I will see how it does, and may do more tweaking if need be. :)

I should probably just leave it on that channel so the signal will stay locked in better. !

60-70 is good, i been told that dish changed the scale back in the time and this 110+ is equal to 50-80 now???
You can change the channels as much as you want :) Just make sure that you run "check switch" after you finished dialing the dish, that way all available transponders will get memorized in to the receiver .

It locks that he wants only one dish. If he add the 129 bracket and an old 500 dish single LNB can get at least few extra HD channels.<br /><br />
s-l225.jpg

No thanks, I only need TVJAPAN HD with this Dish Antenna. I might maybe get the French channels later. I get everything else I need on Direct. :-D

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)