locked menu guide

toto

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 29, 2003
Over the past week, Iwas experiencing problems accessing the menu guide beyond the HD channels and the OTA channels. Too coorrect this, the first time, I did a soft reset, the second a hard reset, the third I took the guide off and changed to a 3 digit channel and reaquired the guide. Thursday for the 4th time this occured. I tried the channel switch. That didn't work. So I called technical support. She had me do a soft reset and a couple of other things to no avail, mentioned turning off every night, which I replied I had followed that proceedure for over 12 years. She said that the engineers would receive a report and to wait at least a week for a solution. I also mentioned my 75-25 geometry shift on the TV and she mentioned looking at the owners manual. I answered my sets geometry was not consumer correctable and most sets were not. The shift didn't occure until I replace the 811 with a 622. No response. The reason I'm reporting this is the 411 at work is having the same guide issue the 622 is only OTA and HD channels on the guide. Did a soft reset. No Workie. If you are having issues with your guide on any HD receiver, call Dish tech support.

The vip receivers have favorites installed on them. Activate the guide, if it reads List: All HD next to the logo at the top lefthand corner, press the guide button again to put to: All Channel, pressing it again will put it to: All Subscription. Is this the problem you are having?

No, both units have been set at all channel. And worked fine at home until about 10 days ago. The first 3 times, over a week's period, I was able to get the full guide using 3 different techniques. Was unable to access the full guide the 4th time, using 2 of the methods and allowing tech support to walk me through the third (soft reboot) I did this so it would be reported to engineers, because even an isolated one receiver incident, 4 times in a week was a bit much. Twas good that I called on Thursday, because as of yesterday 10:00 p.m. daylight central, I still only had access to HD and OTA locals on guide or browse. This morning, at work, the 211 did the same thing, I did a soft reboot to no avail. on Thursday evening toward the end of the conversation with tech support and today about an hour after the reboot at work, the on screen showed captions as if someone were writing code on the bottom third left half of screen. I checked this at work and the menu is again back to normal. What was done Thursday, at home didn't work, but I'll check again, this evening. Thanks for your suggestion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts