Locking in CBand Satellite Feed through VCR

texasclaw

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
Texarkana, TX
I have my satellite(C-Band and Ku Band) going through my VCR and then to my TV. I would like to be able to get my Digital Channels to show up as Local Channels (All my OTA Channels do). Is there a way to get Dish 1000 HD-DVR to recognize the AV1 of my VCR (That is where my Digital Channels show)?

Any help will be appreciated.

DISH Equipment

Sorry bout that. I had the DISH equipment put in shortly before I went on vacation and did not add it to my Signature. It is there now.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Is this true, even though the FTA channel is fed through the same coax as the OTA channels?

OTA is a decoded differently than the analog type the vcr would output, neither the 622 or the 722 have analog tuners nor would the Dish's dvr record that type of signal even. The older HD receivers, 921 and 942 does have the analog tuner. You can view the signal through those two receivers but you would still not be able to record them.

Analog & Digtal

I am not having a problem with the analog channels. I guess all of my locals have digital feeds, because I get them all as clear as a bell (even some feeds I didn't know existed from the same station) on my DISH menu under local channels. My problem is getting the DVR to recognize my digital FTA channel which goes through AV1 of my VCR. Since the DVR picks up digital signals, I want to know why it won't pick up that channel.

Help!

You are probably allowing the ota signal to 'pass thru' the vcr meaning you are shutting it off, once you use the vcr to allow the signals from the the c-band to go through the vcr (which means having it turned on) you are converting the c-band signals to analog which the receiver tuner does not read.

YOU CANNOT DO WHAT YOU SEEM TO THINK YOU CAN.

VCR Pass Through

You are probably allowing the ota signal to 'pass thru' the vcr meaning you are shutting it off, once you use the vcr to allow the signals from the the c-band to go through the vcr (which means having it turned on) you are converting the c-band signals to analog which the receiver tuner does not read.

YOU CANNOT DO WHAT YOU SEEM TO THINK YOU CAN.

I usually have the VCR on so I can record from AV1 at the same time I watch one of the local channels on the DISH local channel menu.

As dense as you seem AV1 is Audio Video which is not a RF signal so there is no channel #. The VCR can output the signal as channel 3 or 4 those are analog RF channels that a NTSC tuner can tune to. Wether you will believe us or not your DISH 622 is incapable of recording those signals.

No need to be nasty. I don't think I am dense, but I do think you are very inhospitable to say the least. I guess that comes with being from central Texas. If you think my questions are nonsense, please refrain from answering them in the future.

Sorry if we came off as being hostile, but after telling you several times why what you want will not work and why it will not work, you keep on pressing the issue. To us it comes off that you either do not understand and maybe will never understand or you are not trying to listen to what we are telling you.

I guess I did not understand because you were not as clear as I would have liked you to be. I hope you treat the next new person to your section of the forum a bit better. You have to remember that some of us have more "Senior Moments" than others and it takes us a bit to understand and retain. When I was 20 years younger, I am sure I would have understood what you were trying to say, however at 70+ it is a bit more difficult to see the forest for the trees. "Keep on keeping on" and you will get there sooner or later!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts