Logitech Harmony support

Status
Please reply by conversation.

oldguy1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 19, 2005
Well, Harmony Tech Support just went to sh.. , at least on Sunday.

I called three times and each time I got someone who 1) I could hardly understand, and 2) couldn't understand me!

How in hell do companies hope to survive byoutsourcing to soemone you can't communicate with?

I'm surprised... I've dealt with them several times and never had a bad experience.

Once I opened a ticket by email. They updated my profile to fix the problem, responded by email, and all was good.

3 weeks ago I replaced a tv, and had trouble with input selection. I called, spent 30 minutes with the first-line support. Then he escalated it to 2nd line support, who spent another 45 minutes working with me. It was all trial-and-error, changing delay settings and re-programming the remote... but they walked me through it until I was satisfied with it.

In general I don't think Logitech/Harmony outsources its support. The people I spoke with were chatty Canadians and spoke crystal-clear English. Maybe on weekends they have temporary help (who happened to be immigrants?).

Don't give up on them yet. Open a ticket by email (website), or call them back during the week.

I didn't have a need to call them recently, but in the past their phone-based technical support was absolutely great!
Try calling them on Monday.

jpn said:
I'm surprised... I've dealt with them several times and never had a bad experience.

Once I opened a ticket by email. They updated my profile to fix the problem, responded by email, and all was good.

3 weeks ago I replaced a tv, and had trouble with input selection. I called, spent 30 minutes with the first-line support. Then he escalated it to 2nd line support, who spent another 45 minutes working with me. It was all trial-and-error, changing delay settings and re-programming the remote... but they walked me through it until I was satisfied with it.

In general I don't think Logitech/Harmony outsources its support. The people I spoke with were chatty Canadians and spoke crystal-clear English. Maybe on weekends they have temporary help (who happened to be immigrants?).

Don't give up on them yet. Open a ticket by email (website), or call them back during the week.
I am hoping it was just a weekend thing. I have received great help from Harmony before, also.

I wish they would update their help database. Most links take you to a non-existant server (old pre-logitech Harmony sites probably).

In a land of really crappy to nonexistent customer support, I found Logitech's support of our Harmony 880 a refreshing beacon of excellence. Great accessory, great support. I hope this complaint is an aberration and not an adverse trend. It works very well with our complex system including both standard and HD DirecTV Tivos.

Last edited:
Must have been a weekend thing. I called back today and got great support.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)