Logitech stops Revue production until Google updates software

FogNoggin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 13, 2010
Kingston, NY
Logitech stops Revue production until Google updates software – DRS | Derangedshaman.com

Logitech requires Gigabyte to suspend Revue shipments

Google TV partner Logitech is halting all production if its Revue Google TV products until Google gets its act together and releases a new refresh to the Software. DigiTimes is reporting that Gigabyte, the company in charge of production of the Revue products were told to seize building from December 2010 through January 2011. Sales of the Revue is rumored to have not meet expectation, “market watchers had originally estimated that shipments of Revue STBs would top 500,000 units by the end of 2010?, said Digitimes. Google is said to be working on a UI overhaul for Google TV, and the upcoming Android 3.0 update should fix a lot of the issues.

I'd say "before network blocking went up".

BTW - I notice that Dish's online store still has inventory. Get them while they're still in beta. ;)

I don't think it's so much of a software issue as it is a content issue. Since all/most of the major content providers have blocked off the GoogleTV nobody really wants the device when it doesn't do a whole lot more than what some other devices can do for a whole lot less. I suppose there may be a potential workaround still for google although not them directly. Currently the networks are blocking based on flash information. I've seen some apps that will change the flash information so it may be possible for somebody to put up an app in the app store to do the same thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)