Long component cable run to second TV

dendavis

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 10, 2003
Metro Denver
Thinking of running a long (50' +/-) component cable from my 622 to a second TV upstairs. Any thoughts or war stories about a similar experience would be welcome:)

Thinking of running a long (50' +/-) component cable from my 622 to a second TV upstairs. Any thoughts or war stories about a similar experience would be welcome:)

I really like NXG cable's they work well and aren't too expensive. I have 1 hooked to tv that is at the other end of the house with a NXG Basix (the cheaper model) and it works great. you can order them through radio shack website. i have one that is 20m (about 65ft)

I have a 75' Componate cable running from my 722K to a second TV ont he oposit end of the house on another floor. Cable is slightly longer than needed but I bought it ready to go and estimated the length. fifty would have been too short. It works great and has been in service for about 5 months. Bought the cable from Monoprice.

I have a 75 ft run that's been in place for a couple years with no problems. I can't remember what I paid, but I think it was one of the cheaper ones I could find on Amazon. It is my understanding that you have to get into some extremely long runs with component before you'll notice any difference in cable quality.

I also just bought a cheap 50 foot hdmi cable off ebay and it also seems to work just fine. A lot less bulk than a 5-cable component run if both your TVs have hdmi.

Interesting article on hdmi cable length here:

How Long Can HDMI Cable be Run? -- Blue Jeans Cable

I have a 100 foot run and used coax cable with RCA adapters at each end. Worked well. I cut the cable to the length I needed and didn't spend a lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts