Looking for 119w(have 61.5)- can't get it!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

orasat33

Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
Guys,
I have a problem repointing my dish from 61.5w to 119w. I currently set up for 61.5: single dish, no switches, one receiver. Situation is very simple - I just want one satellite(119w), currently receive 61.5-102% signal, been fighting for weeks trying to repoint my dish from 61.5 to 119 - 0% signal from 119. Right azimuth,elevation. I've seen somewhere, I need a different LNB for 119w, but not realy sure. Is that truth or not? If so, what kind of LNB do I need? Originally, I had Dish 500 and single LNB installed, no switches, just one satellite. I even tried to use different LNBs(from 110&119 bracket) from another Dish 500, but result is the same - 61.5 is 102%, 119 Is "0".
What is my problem?
Thank you!

If the LNB you have was working with your present receiver pointed at 61.5 you should not need to buy a new one. I started with dish 300 using a single LNB and after dish 500 came along I swung it to 61.5 and it works fine.
Assuming the AZ and EL are correct and you have nothing blocking the signal, when you tried to max out signal strength which transponder were you trying to look at for the 119 sat? Try 1 or 2.

Don't know where is your location, but the setting on the dish maybe with the actual setting some 1 or 2 degree difference, just go to the menu, pick the 119 satellite and starting to move the dish slowly a bit up or down and left and right, give a couple second for the receiver to response on each move.

try getting a small sat meter on ebay got mine for like 6 bucks and it works on all dvb i use it to get 119 for nasa and 110 for gol and theres nothing for me on 61.5. i just set the squelch to where it barly makes a squeling noise and it gets louder when i get closer works everytime. and as far as ur 61.5 lnb it should work on all dvb.But it is like finding a 100 watt light bulb from 50,000 miles away or whatever it is, its one small dot and moving the dish around trying to get it with just the dish box is really hard, have to get lucky. :yes

djnrg787 said:
try getting a small sat meter on ebay got mine for like 6 bucks and it works on all dvb i use it to get 119 for nasa and 110 for gol and theres nothing for me on 61.5. i just set the squelch to where it barly makes a squeling noise and it gets louder when i get closer works everytime. and as far as ur 61.5 lnb it should work on all dvb.But it is like finding a 100 watt light bulb from 50,000 miles away or whatever it is, its one small dot and moving the dish around trying to get it with just the dish box is really hard, have to get lucky. :yes

Thank you, man :) Well... I've got a satellite finder a while ago, used it to find 119w. I was defenately receiving something, cause finder buzz was very loud(like from 4 moved to more then 10). But dishnet receiver shown me same "red" bar(no signal). Also tried Orasat5 FTA, still no signal. I don't use dishnetwork dish, I use 90cm fortec star dish.(with an original dishnetwork dish I had around 90% signal, now it's 112%). I also have a couple of trees in sight, but I don't think it's a problem. I saw a lot of dishes in town, pointed straight to neighbord house roof, and still working well(probably). I also definately read somewhere, that I can't use 61.5w LNB to repoint to 119w. Is that right? Maybe that's what is going on? Maybe just call installers and let them find that bloody 119? :)

61.5 and 119 use the same type of LNB..

If I remember correctly, a red bar means that its seeing the wrong satellite, perhaps you are looking at one of the Bell ExpressVu ones? or perhaps even one of the DirecTV ones.. since the LNB and meter will see it, but the reciever will not.

Keep looking, you will eventually find it.

ultatryon said:
61.5 and 119 use the same type of LNB..

If I remember correctly, a red bar means that its seeing the wrong satellite, perhaps you are looking at one of the Bell ExpressVu ones? or perhaps even one of the DirecTV ones.. since the LNB and meter will see it, but the reciever will not.

Keep looking, you will eventually find it.

No, I mean, red bar with no signal at all. Iven if you aimed to a wrong satellite, it will be a white line inside red bar. In my case, I have no white stripe inside red bar. Keep looking... I do... Don't know what to do.. Maybe call professional installers? Maybe too many trees I've got around.. But... 90 cm dish.. even if any obstacles in sight, I should get at last some signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)