looking for a satellite meter which is best for dish network wild blue?

chrome-

Original poster
May 15, 2011
indiana
im thinking of getting a birdog but im not sure what version NOT to get. i'd like to do wild blue sateliites and dish satellites with HD. i looked on birdogs website but it doesnt show the old birdogs only the new ones.. i'd like to buy a used one but i want to be able to upgrade the software for free when there are upgrades and be able to do all dish providers including wild blue internet.. can anyone help me here? are there any installers around that can help with this?

You should ask this in the installer zone.

I don't do WB.

I have had just about every other meter. The only one I will ever have again is the Supperbuddy. Yes I liked the Birdog untill I got a SB. Your going to have guys say the BD is just fine, I will bet they have not used the SB. For ease of use, reliability and features in my O the SB can't be beat.

I don't do WB.

I have had just about every other meter. The only one I will ever have again is the Supperbuddy. Yes I liked the Birdog untill I got a SB. Your going to have guys say the BD is just fine, I will bet they have not used the SB. For ease of use, reliability and features in my O the SB can't be beat.

i'm a DNS technician (dish employee installer), and that's what we use. i don't have experience with any others.

I don't do WB.

i was told the superbuddy was not as good as birdog

Super sat buddy is a quality any sat you need that is no KA your good to go across the globe. Is batt will outlast the BD for many weeks. the BD is a nice and simple but at those cost your better off forking out the extra funds for the SB. With the SB you can do any dish system from legacy to the current DPP WB now can be done direct with newer versions. A nice plus is you can generate signals on your cables to see if any have issuess passing 1mh-3gh

ashleywillis which meter is it that DN installers use?

is there a new or old super buddy? i never see any model numbers when i look up super buddies..how would i know which is the new model?

how about the birdog ultra, doesnt that do all sats?

i also read that super buddy's wont do wild blue without some kind of converter?

if you went the SB way. The model you would need is the superbuddy 29 it does WB. I use a birdog usb plus V4 that I got for $250 off craigslist and I love it. But I do dish and direct no WB or Hughes.

I used to be a D* installer in the Austin, Tx. area and we used BD. I still have my BD Plus system and I really like it. I can do both D*, E*, WB*, Hughes, and Starband! So that is my 2 cents worth.

My Super Sat Buddy is the best out there. Whoops ass over the Birdog. I can sight in a dish faster than my Birdog buddies do. Also, you can select which satellite system you are setting up, put in zip code and it will give you all adjustments you need on the fly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)