Looking for exert help/advice

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
Totally disgusted….and in need of expert help/advice:mad:

I had a 625 installed last week in place of my 508. I have tv1 connected via coax to my tv with output selected to channel 4 (have local channel on 3). I have tv2 connected to the same tv via coax. Even though the tv1 connection is identical to the way I had the 508 connected, I get faint rolling white/herringbone like lines. If I change the output to channel 3, they disappear. But I can’t leave the output as channel 3 because when the I connect the antenna feed and tune to channel 3, I get the local channel and not the satellite. Tv2, tuned to channel 60 is fine. Why am I having this problem with the 625 but didn’t with the 508 or 4900 or 2800? Is the coax output on the 625 different from those receivers? Could the mechanical switch on the older units make that much difference in isolating the channel frequency? Is there some kind of filter that I can use to correct these lines? This is the 2nd 625 that I have tried in 2 weeks. I think that I would enjoy the flexibility of the 625…………..IF I can use it in my setup.

You're probably getting bleed-over from the existing channel 3 on your tuner's channel 4. Is your primary TV so old that it doesn't have RCA or S-Video inputs? You will get much better results with those.

Maybe you already have a VCR connected that's not experiencing the same problem, you could use the inputs on that, in effect using the VCR as a modulator for the old TV.

Yes, I know the workarounds. I thought that I was taking a step forward with the dual tuner unit but apparently am giving up clarity using channel 4 for having dual tuners. This really bugs me..............I can not understand why I am having this problem with the 625 and never had it with prior units. I am of the belief that when you purchase something, it should work as designed.

bnewt said:
Yes, I know the workarounds. I thought that I was taking a step forward with the dual tuner unit but apparently am giving up clarity using channel 4 for having dual tuners. This really bugs me..............I can not understand why I am having this problem with the 625 and never had it with prior units. I am of the belief that when you purchase something, it should work as designed.
If you expected it to work as designed WHY did you buy DISH Notwerk?:(

The dual tuners dont output to channel 3 - 4 on the second tuner, the lowest channel is 23 if I remember correctly on the airial setting under the modulation.

put the TV1 output on Channel 3, hook your antenna into the "ant in" port on receiver. When you want to watch the antenna just press the tv/video button on the remote

or why not buy a cheap little ch 4 modulator, hook your antenna and tv 2 together first, than run into the antenna port of the combiner, run your sat feed into the ch 4 input and it should clear everything up. that is how I have my 625 hooked up to feed the whole house, so you can have either side at either tv and antenna

Dish Dude said:
or why not buy a cheap little ch 4 modulator, hook your antenna and tv 2 together first, than run into the antenna port of the combiner, run your sat feed into the ch 4 input and it should clear everything up. that is how I have my 625 hooked up to feed the whole house, so you can have either side at either tv and antenna

What did you use to combine your antenna & tv2 together?

Nice experience with this unit last night..........tired to rcord Lost & Invasion, as I normally do.............the stupid thing would record for 15-20 minutes then the record lights went out & you could hear the hard drive spinning & fan running, then it would flash acquiring satellite signal. It did this 5 times in a 2 hour span. Turned it off for the night, when I got up this a.m., @ 5:30 all you could hear was some loud noise.

Sure seems like a brilliant move to upgrade:mad: :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts