Looking to get a 622

BoisePaul

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 18, 2005
Lock Haven, PA
Well, I called today to see about replacing my 211 with a 622 and was told NO in no uncertain terms. Apparently, I can't do a DIU upgrade until a year after I did the previous one, which took me from an 811 to my current 211. (I believe the date was 2/1/06 for that upgrade). Any clue as to what my options are? The CSR said I was best to wait until 2/1/07, and then if my account is in good standing (and it most certainly is), they might do the upgrade then. My problem is that the current promotion ends on 1/31/07, a day too early.

I know that I could get on from Claude for $479, but I'm not looking to spend that amount at this time. Is there anything I can do other than wait and hope for the best? I'm also planning to do a programming upgrade (from Silver to Platinum), but will hold out until I upgrade in case I have to use that as leverage.

I don't understand Dish's strategy when it comes to this? Wouldn't they want to keep their customers happy and give them what they want? Or would they rather play this big-bully BS and risk losing a customer to DirecTv? If they ever told me 'no', i'd tell them to cancel my account immediately.

And pay an early termination fee? I think not.

No over reaction. They'll probably upgrade you early. And from what I read here, it's likely the same promo will run past 1/31. I'd still wait until after all the announcements from CES, just in case there's something new, like maybe a single tuner HD DVR that you might prefer.

And pay an early termination fee? I think not.

If it means I eat a $100, then so be it. I don't do business with a company I pay $70+/mth that tells me 'no'. I'm sure DirecTv or Verizon FIOS TV would have no problem giving me what I want. There are too many options out there to have one company telling me what I can and can't have.

I'll probably end up sending an email to the ceo address. I've had success with that method before, though it seems to be silly to have to resort to that when I'm attempting to make a change that will ultimately make money for them. It's not as if I'm asking for a second DIU receiver in my home at the same time - they would be getting the 211 back.

Costco? No such store in this neck of the woods, and it's a shame. There have been many occasions where it would have been handy to have one. Still, if I end up buying, I'd just as soon see a site sponsor get the sale.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts