Loosing Rave, Real Upset!!!!

geekygizmo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 7, 2003
Ok, Lab is ok for some of us but I really liked my RAVE! It's now cut down to only 9 hours a day (of some very old re-runs). PLEASE Voom, that was the best thing you had going as far as I was concerned. Please bring some more content into RAVE and expand it back to a atleast a 1/2 day schedule!!!

GG

We're being fed last years content. Bring back new content...the Mosquito Noise...and even that stupid VOOM Guide Guy. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• VoomMosquito.jpg
    VoomMosquito.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 147
riffjim4069 said:
We're being fed last years content. Bring back new content...the Mosquito Noise...and even that stupid VOOM Guide Guy. :rolleyes:
No Way! I want Jessy back. :D

Attachments

• Jess.jpg
    Jess.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 170
I agree 100%, at least if they are going to show the Lab / MOOV stuff they could alternate between one RAVE show then one Lab show.

There is no reason there are 4 hours blocks of LAB/MOOV, especially when the channel is called RAVE!

Scott Greczkowski said:
I agree 100%, at least if they are going to show the Lab / MOOV stuff they could alternate between one RAVE show then one Lab show.

There is no reason there are 4 hours blocks of LAB/MOOV, especially when the channel is called RAVE!
Yes there is a very good reason. James is in charge of Voom programming and we can all see the down-hill nature of Voom programming. I would be surprised if it were around by the end of the year. HDnet/HDmovies are so far superior (never thought I would say that). One man without a vision/clue. Dishnetwork made a mistake by counting on Voom for HD content. D* now has a chance I hate to say.

I can even agree with Charlie, that there is No Compelling Content on Voom!!

James, please get out of the way!!!

Everyone is upset... Maybe the Dish Customers that did not have Voom are seeing new content but all of us who had VOOM before are just seeing repetition after repetition... Increible!

Sean Mota said:
Everyone is upset... Maybe the Dish Customers that did not have Voom are seeing new content but all of us who had VOOM before are just seeing repetition after repetition... Increible!
Sean, have you been able to discuss our collective dissatisfaction with your contacts at VOOM? How much longer is this situation going to last?

I do not think this is unknown to them and they probably know and understand what's going on better than any of us. The programmer's maybe tied to a situation which they have very little control and which it is probably coming from the top. I have had this conversation already with them and makes no sense to do it again in the light of the VOOM DBS's demise and what has transpired since then.

Voom Originals used to be such a good product, unequal by any other channel. But now it has become the king of repetition. Remember last summer we had the "Summer Premier" where they would premiere programs all through out the summer. The content was new, dynamic, and enjoyable. Now it has become the laughing stock of the HD content. Sad, indeed, to say but this is how it is right now.

Maybe Voom DBS had problems as DBS provider but its content was great but now it it is below anybody. At one point we could put it in equal place to HDnet and HDnet Movies and Even INHD. Now it is not even equal to TMC (The MOVIE CHANNEL). It has or it is about to hit bottom.

If VOOM continues like this then DirecTV is REALLY going to kick Dish Networks ass when they announce their FOX HD Package.

Let's hope they clean up their act soon.

Scott Greczkowski said:
If VOOM continues like this then DirecTV is REALLY going to kick Dish Networks ass when they announce their FOX HD Package.

Let's hope they clean up their act soon.

Can D* offer a FOX HD package without offering it to E* and cable providers?

They can but I am sure it will be pricy and number 2 they know dish does not have the bandwith to put up all the channels in the package which I am sure will be a requirement. :)

Rave is the reason I carried on with Voom then to Dish once again. No Rave,.. no Dish and back to rabbit ears for me.